6 | Learn Something

I forgot to publish this ahahaha. Sors, hun.

Song: Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars

---------------------------

*squeaks*

*thumps*

*squeals*

*bumps*

*squeaks*

Atsumu found himself amped up by the mad good cacophony of his favourite sport. There was a delirious rush of players on all courts, as first string and second string players worked their sweat, smashing balls and receiving them, without even needing to pause. It felt like everyone was in their zones today.

Maybe because it was the first day back to school?

The coaches announced the arrival a good crop of first years that they had worked hard to scout from all across the country, and that seemed to boost the older members' morale too.

Sigh.

It definitely paid to be a part of an elite volleyball team in the nation, but unlike his other classmates and seniors, he felt not even a whit of threat from anyone when it came to his position in the court, even in the team. He was a top-notch setter, quite possibly the best setter in the nation, and very likely to be drafted for All Japan Youth Training Camp this year as well.

But while he was playing well enough during the practice, his thoughts were occasionally drifting towards a certain raven-haired newcomer.

There was too much that he needed to process about her and he couldn't wait for the practice to end, so he could walk back home and let his brain do the necessary work.

*squeak*

*bump*

*smack*

Oh that was close!

He had set the ball to his twin, and although it was short by a couple of inches, 'Sumu smashed it right through the blocks, earning them the match point, against Suna and Kita-san's block.

They were a mixed bag of first and second stringers, on not just both sides of the court, but on the other courts as well. Judging by the overall performances by the players, their strengths and weaknesses, they were all pretty well-balanced. After a few strength testing with the first years, the teams were formed for each of the courts, excepting a few first years, who were to referee, arrange for drinks, and wipe the sweat off the floors. The teams were so well divided that this could very well be their regular practice teams assigned to them for this month, or more.

*squeal*

"Argh!"

*bump*

Shit. First touch!