46 | To The Moon And Back

Song: Gold Rush - Miguel Campbell feat

Song: Gold Rush - Miguel Campbell feat. Benjamin (Original Mix)

--------------------------

By the time the evening soiree at Ki-chan's place came to a closure, Ren's feelings for Atsumu had also undergone a complete one-eighty degree change.

The couple said their goodbyes to all their friends, and even though they were mostly headed in the same direction, the friends had the good sense to leave the couple to their own devices. They all knew that it was high time the two of them got to a conclusion.

And as the love struck couple ambled down the road, they came across the same bridge where a long time ago, they walked by as friends, teasing and annoying each other. Ren held back a giggle, thinking about the simpler times before they became a couple.

Memories of Spongebob, golden retriever, study sessions, gaming sessions, playing 20 questions and trying to outwit each other, sports day and the first time she opened up to him about her yips, summer at the beach, the English debate... flooded her thoughts. Those were some really sweet memories, and for the first time she realised that it was their friendship that warmed her heart towards Atsumu.

She remembered being more attracted to Osamu (the second truth of her life that she would take to her grave), but because Atsumu was so open, so carefree and so unassuming, she felt comfortable enough to be open around him.

His innate empathy (that was no doubt fine-tuned to perfection because he played the position of a setter), sense of humour and ability to really listen to her, was what really sold him to her. He was just so... himself, that everyone else paled in comparison.

It then hit her like a strong gust of wind, leaving her slightly breathless.

I really do love him...

She paused on the bridge, and when Atsumu realised that she stopped walking beside him, he paused too and turned around to look back at her quizzically.

"Atsumu..."

The wind around them picked up some speed. And with it, it brought the bright moonlight that shone from behind the clouds that were now clearing the path for the cool streaks of light, illuminating their moment.

The universe how long it had waited for them to arrive to this moment.

"Ren-chan...?"

She took a couple of tentative steps towards him, only pausing when they were a foot apart. She gazed at his moonlit face that was warmly looking down at her, waiting for her to speak up.

And speak up, she did.

"I love you."

Crystal clear, undiluted by the wind gently blowing around them, her words carried the intended passion, warmth, love and loyalty, straight into Atsumu's heart. And his reaction to that was brighter than the moon itself. It was almost as if the sun had shone down upon her, out-matching the illumination of the moon.

"And I love you. Always have and always will."

The lovers drowned in each others' gazes, bathed in the warmth and intensity of their feelings that slowly stitched up their past wounds, worries and troubles. The bards would probably sing about this night, when pure love was in the air, unadulterated by any anxiety or apprehension.

But all Shimizu Ren knew was that she could not imagine sharing this moment with anyone other than Miya Atsumu, no matter how smart, good-looking, rich or capable they were.

And all Miya Atsumu knew was that there was no else that would ever compare to Shimizu Ren, because there was only of her kind, and she was made for him. Only him.

It took them a few years to reach here for sure, but with time they appreciated their struggles, and the growth, understanding and appreciation that were brought along with it.

Right under the shining moon, on this bridge, they bridged their own gaps, and hence began their new chapter.

"After the Divisionals," he said, "After the Divisionals get over, go out with me Ren-chan."

She stared into his honey brown orbs for a while before saying, "Of course. Wouldn't have it any other way, Miya Atsumu."

The answering smile on his face would be something that Ren would probably imprint in her heart for the rest of her life, but the feeling of utter peace and calm that was also brought into her heart with his joy, was more precious to her than anything else.

He then leant forward to take her face in his palms, and sealed their deal with a scorching kiss in the cool night. The world stopped for a while, as all Ren could feel were his lips and his embrace, and all she could think about was their first official date that would happen in about a month's time.

Can't wait...

--------------------------

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A/N: Phew! Finally! I know it's short, but there is no point in merging other parts of the story with it just because the length of the chapter should match the others.

This chapter was only for this moment, because it's the end of it all, and the start of something new. <3

Also, 4 more to go! :D