20 | Blanket Of Stars

--------------------------

*huff*

*huff*

*smack*

*thump*

*huff*

*huff*

"Once more!"

It was almost dusk, and the volleyboys were now practicing the last of their spikes on the beach as the sweltering heat of the afternoon sun had gone away, making the evening sun much more bearable. The afternoon, post-lunch, was spent indoors, away from the beach where the student council members were working.

Ergo, Ren-chan.

It was only about half an hour ago when they switched their training locations to the beach. When he walked there with his twin, he saw her giggling with the smug doofus captain of the boy's basketball team. No doubt, he was trying to get his chance with her.

Well, who wouldn't?!

Over the last couple of months, Ren had become some form of a celebrity in their school, respected and admired by all, especially for her efforts to collaborate with all clubs in the school as the council member.

That smug bastard from 3-A needs to be reminded of his place, which was not next to her!

He huffed angrily at how long the training was taking, but he knew that lacked the needed balls to skip training, especially when he could often feel the cold stare of his captain. That surely rooted him to his spot.

Ugh! Just get over already!

After what seemed like after many moons, their training for the day finally ended, with the sole exception of the final cool-down-jog along the shore.

He joined his twin and Suna, walking over to them as they rehydrated themselves, before running.

"Why does the training have to be long and gruelling?" he grumbled.

"It was actually rather chilled compared to last year. Did you forget how we had to train outdoors in the afternoon?" asked Suna.

"Yea but did you see how much less training the basketball idiots had?" he rebuked.

"Well, that's why we are number 2 in the nation, and they are only in top 16," said 'Samu.

He grumbled incoherently at his twin, and ran.

"Can you slowpokes run faster? Damn it, I'm hungry!" and with that they slowly trailed after him.

"It's supposed to be cool-down-jog, shithead. Slow down or you'll sprain something tomorrow," shouted 'Samu, and he slowed down slightly.

But he was already so far away, that he didn't hear his twin and Suna talk about him.

"I'll bet he's just brooding over Ren-chan talking to Nagata-senpai about their upcoming game with Hyogo High School," said Suna.