19 | Bed of Sand

--------------------------

The rays of the morning sun were toasty as the land breeze was crisp.

The waves crashing against the shore along with the cries of the seagull proved to be the most perfect euphony.

The warm sand felt therapeutic to the soles of the feet of those who were on the beach.

And who were occupying the beach?

Muscular and glistening-in-sweat bodies of young shounen, namely the basketball and volleyball boys of Inarizaki. The girls from both teams were off doing road run training, as the boys were sweating it out on the beach.

Somewhere near the beach shops, the Student Council members (well, just the girls... girl, to be honest, since she was the only one who had Atsumu's attention) were also bustling about, dressed in beach outfits. Swimsuits!

The sun. The sand. The beach. And hormonal teens.

It was the perfect recipe for a summertime romance, but circumstances were such that Atsumu was sweating in a way he preferred much less to what had in mind when he first heard that Ren would be in the same vicinity as him during the summer beach training.

I could be flirting with her right now! Maybe I should take a break and tell them I'm feeling nauseous or something...

"Coach!" he called out. "Can I take the first half off? I'm actually not feeli-."

"Get back here you stupid worm. Ren-chan is busy, and she won't entertain you till its lunch time. So don't slack," drawled 'Samu, as he caught him in his lie.

Damn it! I forgot he's here!

"Atsumu, were you trying to skip training?" asked Kita-san, suddenly appearing right behind, making him jump out of his skin (almost).

"No, Kita-san! I thought I was feeling a little off, but it was just gas, I guess. I'll run around a bit, and maybe I'll burp it out," he said as he chuckled nervously, as started invisibly edge away from the captain and his cold glare.

"'Tsumu, your excuses are just as shitty as the other type of gas you let out," said Suna, recording him (?!?!?!) and Kita-san.

"Back to training everyone. We have a few more hours till we break for lunch. Suna, put the phone away," said Kita-san, and Atsumu ran away to the other guys who picked up speed in their lunges.

However, he glanced back at a little shack on the beach, watching a red and white figure walk around with some other girls from Student Council.

At noon then, Ren-chan! At noon, we'll flirt!

-----------------------

Ren sat down with Akira and Hina for their lunch, when she felt a tiny gust of wind to her right, as a chair got pulled out and someone plopped on it.

Someone who looked as if he had just finished his beach training. Someone who was glimmering under the endless pearl drops of sweat. Someone whose shorts were stuck to his form because of the said amount of sweat. Someone who clearly forgot to put a shirt on!

"Atsumu! Cover up for heaven's sake, would you?" exclaimed Ren as colour rose up her neck and she looked away from him. Hina was uncharacteristically staring at him (at his bare body, more likely) with jaws wide open. Akira looked at him in sheer disgust, probably scoffing at his show-off tendencies.

"You left your t-shirt dumb ass," said Osamu, walking from somewhere behind her, and she looked around just on time to see him whack Atsumu on his head, before throwing the t-shirt on his head.

"Ow! You could've just given me the t-shirt without the violence, y'know?" said Atsumu.

"Not a chance!" smirked back Osamu as he plopped next to his brother, nodding at her. 

"Just put on your damn t-shirt, you pervert!" she exclaimed, noticing that he was still half-nude (!!!!!!!) and scowling at his twin.

She heard her snigger behind her and watched as Suna walked up to them and sat next to Akira. She turned to Osamu to ask him about something but she buried her flaming face back into her palms, because the jerk was still not dressed!

It's impolite to show so much skin, damn it! Too much skin... Borderline perverted even... ugh...

"Ren-chan~ Tell me, honestly! Don't I have an attractive body, though? It'd be a sin to cover THIS up," he said, as he wore his t-shirt.

"Yea, if Spongebob's figure is the definition of attractive, then yes, you have an attractive body."

Suna and Akira snorted at that while Osamu and Hina shared a laugh. But Hina was blushing slightly. 

Does she still like this brat? No. No way. She'd tell me if she liked him. Never mind, I will ask her later tonight maybe.

"So meannn~ Ren-chan! But anyway, did you do what you love to do on beaches?" Atsumu whined, pulling her attention back towards his insufferable self.

"Love to do on beaches? What do I love to do on beaches?"

The hell is he saying?

"Do your favourite thing, of course, Ren-chan~," he said. 

Maybe I was imagining it, but I definitely saw some hints of that particularly devious smile creeping onto his face.

"Uhm. I'm sorry but you've completely lost me. What are you on about?"

What was only hovering till now, was now pulled into a full-blown devastating smirk that only spelt trouble.

Damn it!

"Ren-chan. I thought you'd want to go looking for your favourite treasure chest."

Oh. My. God.

--------------------------

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A/N: Hello! I'm giving a quick short update only to let you know that I'm not dead, although I was buried under a lot of work. I'll make the next chapter much longer than this. I promise! It's fluff + plot :D