7 | Kindred Spirits

This is a pretty huge update to make it up for the last couple of days! There was just too much happening, and the update speed took a toll. The next chapter is coming soon today too! <3

 The next chapter is coming soon today too! <3

-------------------------

Ren woke up with a slight headache and a sore throat. Was the air-conditioning a bit too much last night? She sneaked a peek outside her window to see a grey cast over the city with damp roads in her neighbourhood.

Ah. Must have rained through the night.

She sighed as she grabbed her towel off the back of her chair, and made her way to the bathroom to clean up before heading down for breakfast.

Dawning one of the brand new uniform she collected from her school yesterday, she sighed happily at how well it fit her.

It was a beautiful grey accordion pleated skirt, half sleeve white shirt and a navy blue tie. They had a black v-neck sweater with a contrasting ribbed collar detail and even a burgundy blazer for the much colder days like today. She grabbed the blazer in one hand, deciding to wear it only after she leaves warmth of her house.

In the kitchen, her mom was already preparing her bento. She leaned over the counter, grabbed her hot chocoloate and requested if she could have some hot rice porridge for sore throat and headache. At her behest, she prepared her breakfast while Ren poured over the remainder of her homework in the kotatsu.

"Renny, I'd be out for the rest of the week. Work is calling me to Tokyo. Would you be alright with your father?"

"'Course, mom. I'll prep our meals for this week, tonight then. Should I bring back any groceries?"

"We don't have shiitake mushrooms, celery and Bak Choi. Check the fridge and food basket once again before heading out, please? I'll transfer some money to your account and you can buy whatever you feel like."

"It's going to be a meat-y week then," she responded with a slight chuckle.

Gone were the days of her rigorous training in her football club, but she still loved her proteins. She assessed the fridge while typing a quick note on her phone for the ingredients she would need, while her mother laid out her breakfast.

Minutes later, having finished her meal, she felt her headache fading and the soreness in throat receding. The warmth of the porridge did wonders to her. Grabbing her bag and blazer, she was already feeling a lot better than she did when she woke up.

"See ya mom! Have a safe trip! Ittekimasu."

"Itterashai!"

She locked her main door behind her and turned around to see the most irritating smirk on the face of one of the handsomest boys she knew. She found him leaning against the gate, his arms folded and propped on the gate for support, and his head comfortably nestled in them with a slight tilt.