29 | A New Leaf

--------------------------

The birds began chirping when they left their houses, indicating the break of dawn. By the time they reached the familiar futuristic-looking gates of Inarizaki, the local street lights had also been switched off, as it wasn't as dark as before. It was quite chilly for an April morning, but the constant chirping of the birds and the small streaks of orange from one side of the horizon were indicative of the inevitable sunrise and the warmth it would bring with its rays.

The couple walked up the stairs of their school building to reach the top floor and Ren opened the doors to the rooftop with the spare set of keys she held, thanks to her new position.

"You know, when I first joined Inarizaki last year, it wasn't until my second day that I realised I was taking a longer route to school. Chasing after you till the school was actually helpful in someway, instead of being a monumental waste of time and getting scolded by the teachers in the end."

"You're welcome, Ren-chan! I knew I was a lucky presence in your life. And not to worry for I'll always be your four leaf clover."

She snorted at that. "Speaking of leaves, what the hell Atsumu? What was up with your graduation present to Ki-chan?"

"What?! I thought it was funny! You know, with him graduating, and becoming older, and... and... the white hair! It was funny to gift him the wooden branch," he said, snickering at his own twisted sense of humour that he secretly loved.

"If it was anyone else, Ki-chan wouldn't have responded with just a smile. I'm sure he knows how much you respect him, since you also gave him lemongrass seeds."

"I thought that with the right amount, he might enjoy the homegrown lemongrass with his jasmine tea."

"I know. It was rather sweet of you. Osamu got him a little succulent for his room which was cute too. Gin-run made some lovely gyozas though, when we had that graduation party at Ki-chan's place. They were the best I've ever had."

"'Samu taught him, if you can believe it. Suna's present was the most unexpected though. Who knew he could actually bring the Captain to tears with a letter. I'm really curious to know what he wrote. Just didn't have the guts to sneak a look at it during the party. I felt like Kita-san was observing my every move," he said, shuddering at the thought of his ex-captain.

"Ah, so you don't know? Well, I helped him review it a bit, and trust me Atsumu, it was the nicest thing ever," she said with a tiny annoying (but cute) smirk.

"What?! Tell me Ren-chan! What did he write?"

"Nope," she said, clamping her mouth shut, as she gazed at him teasingly. "However, you could take some lessons from Rin if you're ever going to write me a love letter."

Sigh.

"Do you even know me? I wouldn't go near a pen and a paper, if I didn't have exams. I'd rather feed you everyday to show you my love."