⚜️ Before You Begin... ⚜️

A Little Background

First of all, thank you for clicking on this story! 

The beginnings of "Winds of Fate" came from my love for the stunning interactive novel game "Sails in The Fog" (SITF) written by Mr. Alexander T. for the app Romance Club* ; specifically, its two leads** who served as the inspiration for Eleanore and the Captain. The first scene itself was inspired by a cover art for SITF.

Winds of Fate started out as an alternate universe (AU) version of that wonderful game, a "What if the villain found out about the canon and decided to change it?" scenario (think Cinderella III: A Twist In Time) where only one romance path would be taken.

Originally, the initial scenes revolved around the romance that I would have liked to see more of in the game: just snippets and one-shots of the couple I love and nothing more ❤ As I was writing though, it was evident that the main antagonist's AU prompt limitation changed the story a whole lot, leading the then-unnamed Winds MC Eleanore and SITF's amazing Adelaide to have different stories to tell, different dreams, different friends, and a different world to move in. So, the decision to expand more on this story and leave SITF's amazing lore was made. 

~*~

In addition to SITF, various pirate lore and adventure books and movies seep in this story - from Zorro to Dumas' Le Comte de Monte Cristo, and like many, I adore Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean! Winds of Fate can thus be treated as a "parallel novel" that mixes and matches various pirate and seafaring lore, games, books, and movies that came before it, into a new reimagined story. And as homage to its primary inspiration, the interactive visual novel Sails in the Fog,  Winds of Fate dwells in the consequences of our choices and the struggle between fate versus free will.

If you love swashbuckling action, naval battles, ancient curses, runaway princes, lovable misfits, found family, and an epic star-crossed romance then this one's for you!

I hope this story entertains you, as it has been really fun to write for me!

~*~

Winds of Fate would span six (or maybe seven) parts, with a grand journey across all the seven seas. It starts in the Caribbean.

✨ Parts I and II are COMPLETED. Part III is ongoing, and I try to update twice a week! 😊

✨ Because this came from an AU prompt and is my first Wattpad baby, I would most likely keep it up here for free.

I am not earning any money from this, and I just write out of joy and pleasure. ❤

💌 If you do wish me well or wanna reward me for entertaining you (hopefully, you're entertained!) your comments, feedback, or simple messages are enough to make my day! 

~*~

Content Warning: 

Rated M for language, sexual scenes, and mature themes. Reader discretion is advised.

Legend

- Chapters with sexual content are marked by an asterisk (*)

~*~

More Author's Notes will appear as the story goes along, especially when dealing with real people, cultures, and history. 

Grammar Note: The lack of punctuation on titles such as 'Mr', 'Ms', and the like are stylistic choices adopted after the literature written in the approximate time period that the story is set in. The Old World style or British English usage doesn't require a full stop after titles when the abbreviation ends at the same letter that the entire word ends too. And since American English is yet to be fully recognized in the early 18th century (1700's), the British rule for addressing these titles was followed for this work. 

However, the spelling of the words are in American English, because I am not familiar that much with British spellings!

~*~

ALSO if you stumbled on this work by chance and like interactive games, download and try Sails in the Fog! It's a well-written game, not your usual choose-your-own-adventure...

Sails in the Fog follows Adelaide, a governor's daughter, who escapes her terrible fiance on a ship sailing away into the fog. This game is a real treat, with superb writing and a colorful cast of characters along with heart-stopping adventures (literally, there are quick time events in this game)! 

AND OF COURSE, players have the choice of who they will romance! (9 endgame LIs, in fact!)

So if pirate captains are not your *type* XD, the game has lots of options to offer XD

*Romance Club: Stories I Play can be downloaded at the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

**Who I ship so hard!

Happy reading!

Xoxo,

marieee

Cover Image Credits: Ship Storm Sea by Iván Tamás on Pixabay; Vanilla Sky movie still © Paramount Pictures