Chapter 35

Mew's

"Stellar Tower, executive suite 126." Mark said on the other line when he's finally able to elicit some information from AA about my Dad's whereabouts at the moment.

Well as the son of a Major, it's not hard for him to use some of his father's subordinates just to get the information he wants.

So here I am, driving Tong's car on the way to one of the famous hotels here just to finally set things over with my Dad.

And this time, I'll make sure that he won't be able to hurt me nor Gulf anymore.

I'm so done with this miserable life with him.

I deserve to be happy.

That's what my Mom wants for me.

To finally be happy and believe in love.

'Mom, I promise to have a better love than yours.'

"Sir, you cannot come in if you don't have an appointment with Mr. Kirigun--" The receptionist and one of the guards tried to stop me but then some of my father's men who happen to be checking the perimeter for the safety of their "great boss" intervene. All the attentions of the guests here in the lobby is all on me.

"Let him in. Mr. Kirigun is waiting for his son." One of them said. I saw the receptionist's eyes widened with mouth agape when she realized that she's actually depriving the son of the business tycoon to meet his very own father.

"S-sorry, Sir. W-we didn't know that y-you're his son." She apologized while repeatedly bowing her head but I am such in a rush so I just walked pass through them and ignored every keen eyes fixated on me.

I pressed the elevator's button and luckily, it's not occupied so I'm able to immediately get it. No one dared to ride the elevator with me so I hastily pressed the executive floor button.

I stared at my own reflection at the elevator wall as I feel nothing but great resolve.

No more fear.

I'm so done running away.

This time, I'll face and I will make sure that I don't have to run anymore cause he'll stop chasing me.

He'll stop ruining my life.

I should've done this in the first place.

But back then, all I want is to run away and live my life alone.

I never thought that I would actually experience the love that my Mom had a very strong faith in.

That I would actually want to live this life with at least one love that I can hold on to for the rest of my life.

And that's Gulf.

And right now, everything I do.

I do it for him.

I do it for the love I have for him.

I do it for the only love that I would want to have in this lifetime.