Chapter 5

Gulf's

"That's all for today, Everyone. Class dismissed." Our professor said and we all uttered thanks in unison before he left. I heaved a deep sigh before stretching my arms same with Mild. Our block mates started to get out of the classroom one by one but I prefer to let them go ahead of us.

It's our lunch break already. I looked at Mew on the other side and saw that he's looking at his phone intently with a frown. I can also see that it's ringing but it seems like he doesn't want to answer it.

"Mew! Gulf!" The three of us looked at the guy who called us and saw Tong with the other three members of Thoughts at Midnight. I can't pretty much remember their names as I wasn't really focusing on them last night.

I don't know but I felt something weird when Tong called our names. Mew, Gulf. It sounds like a couple's name, really---

My eyes widened when I realized what I was actually thinking.

'Couple's name? What the fuck?'

I looked at Mew and he's giving Tong his usual reaction. What else could it be aside from the straight face that he'd been showing to everyone around him.

"Mild! What are you waiting for? We're having lunch together!" Tong shouted.

"Yeah, yeah! I thought you only cared about Mew and Gulf that's why I'm not moving. Tsk." Mild retorted and I heard Tong's laugh. I looked at Mew again just in time that he had put his things inside his bag while still looking at his ringing phone.

'Is he really planning not to answer it?'

It was then he looked at me causing me to freeze as I stare at his cold dark orbs. It's as if I'm caught in a trance and everything around us started to blur as I feel my heart beating fast.

If he didn't raised the one side of his lips to mock me, I am quite sure that I won't be able to snap out of it soon. He stood up while I avoided his gaze and cleared my throat. I looked at Mild and was quite surprised when I saw that he's looking at me.

"You look like you're about to palpitate, Gulf. Are you okay?" He asked me and I frowned at him just to pretend that I have no clue about what he's talking about. Cause to be honest, I really don't know the answer.

I don't know why my heart starts to beat abnormally the moment I caught a glimpse of Mew's cold dark orbs. It's as if, I've seen something from his depths but I can't really fathom what it is.

"Gulf! Mild! It's not the time to chitchat! I'm hungry!" We looked at Tong once again and saw that Mew is already outside and is talking to their band's drummer.