Chapter 30

Gulf's

"No matter what happens, no matter what you hear, just don't meddle this time." I looked at Mew when he said that but he remained looking straight at the door of the Director's office.

We both know who's inside but we both aren't sure what to expect and what awaits us once we get inside and came face to face with Mr. Kirigun.

I saw his jaw clenched and how his gazes turned to nothing but indifference.

I felt a pang of pain when he let go of my hand and suddenly, it feels empty.

"If ever you felt the urge to hold my hand and calm me down when the pressure is too hard to bear, don't hesitate." My eyes widened in surprise when he said that and then he turned to look at me and his gaze suddenly felt warm. But only for a minute cause it immediately went back to being cold. "Just don't meddle." That's the last thing he said before turning to look at the door once again and opening it without even knocking.

Inside the Director's Office, we saw Mr. Kirigun sitting at the Director's executive chair while the Director stood firmly beside him as if Mr. Kirigun deserves the seat more than him.

And I can't help but to swallow a couple of times as I realized that I've never really known how powerful Mew's Dad is.

And it made me feel utterly scared.

Not just for myself but especially for Mew.

I saw how Mew and his Dad stared at each other with fierce eyes and none of them seems to buckle nor any of them wanted to break the staring game.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mew Kirigun. I've never thought that one of our students here is actually the one and only heir of Kirigun Empire and Group of Companies." I looked at the Director because of what he said and I saw that he's smiling widely at Mew. As if trying to have a good shot but to no avail. Mew's indifferent and stoic expression did not falter even a bit.

But what surprised me the most is the mention of Empire and Group of Companies.

"Why don't you take a seat?" The Director said, still trying to be accommodating and jolly amidst of the growing tension inside his office. "How 'bout drinks? I'm sure you're thirsty--"

"Let's not go around the bush, Son. I'm glad to know that you chose to continue studying and base from your professors' assessment, I can clearly say that you're doing good in classes." Mr. Kirigun said before leaning forward and putting both of his elbow on top of the Director's table. "I also heard that you're actually a member of a certain band and you're working at a bar. And I must be honest, I want you to quit working at that filthy bar cause it's not good and decent for a Kirigun to work there." Mr. Kirigun said straightforwardly as if trying to cast his authority upon Mew but to no avail.