Prologue

Mew's

The class just finished and me and my friends decided to grab a bite to a nearby restaurant at the university. But upon reaching the restaurant, my phone suddenly rang and the caller ID shows that it's my great Dad.

"Mew? What's wrong?" I looked at Kaownah as Hither and Run went ahead of us inside the restaurant. He seemed to noticed the sudden change in my mood and already had the clue who the caller is. "Well, he won't call you unless it's urgent." He said while shrugging and he's right. My dad won't call me to chitchat. So for sure, it's important. So I had no choice but to take the call in front of him.

"What is it?" I asked him. It took him a while to answer my question and what he said shattered my world.

"Your mom. S-she's gone."

"Mew? Mew? What's wrong?" I can hear Kaownah asking me but I can't find any words to say as my tears started falling down my cheeks.

'This is not happening.'

•••

"Mew, we have to leave." My friend, Run tried convincing me to come with them for the nth time. But I remained staring at my Mom's grave. The burial ceremony has ended and all the people who attended had already left, including my Dad but I stayed. I remained sitting on a nearby marmol bench as I stared blankly at my Mom's grave. I don't want to leave her. I don't want to come home and see how my dad is doing well amidst of the fact that his wife committed suicide because of him.

That day, when he called to tell me that my Mom took her own life, I knew right away what's the reason. He's been cheating on her. He's abusing her, mentally and emotionally. I tried convincing her to just leave Dad but she refused and told me how much she loves him and that when I get older, I can finally understand her.

I smiled wryly as I shook my head. I don't think I can ever understand her. I don't think I can ever understand love neither I want to experience it. The only woman I've ever loved has killed herself because of the man whom she dedicated all her life with. Because of that fucking love that a lot of people thought to be wonderful. Well, apparently, it's not.

"Mew, please--"

"I just need some time alone, Guys." I cut off Kaownah's words before looking at the three of them.

"But--"

"Please. I'll come home later. You can go ahead of me." I didn't gave Hither a chance to say another words as I looked away from the three of them.

"You can leave him with me, Boys. My son and I needs to talk." We all frozed when we heard my Dad's voice. I looked at my friends and they are all hesitant about leaving me alone with my Dad so I sighed before nodding.