Chapter 38

After 3 weeks
**********************

One thing I've realized over the past few weeks is that Zayan is an equally tough client like Amer. He is extremely smart, so it takes a lot of effort to convince him too. For example, he kept rejecting the influencer marketing idea right from the beginning and agreed to it just last week.

At first, I used to take things personally and got mad at him for being defensive about my suggestions, but then soon I realized that he had valid reasons almost all the time he did that. So, I started looking at his points of view as a learning opportunity for me, and ever since then, I think I'm handling things better.

And you know with Zayan, no matter how mad I get, the anger never lasts long, because of a number of reasons. One main reason being his perfect jawline, which always melts my heart whenever I see it. And the other reason might be the way he expresses his opinions. I mean, his words are as smooth as the frosting on his cafe's cakes that it's hard to disagree with what he says. Anyway, I'm glad that we both finally agreed on the influencer thing.

So yeah, today will be our first encounter with an IG influencer at the cafe. After days of contacting a few popular bloggers in Colombo, we finally decided to invite 'dignifiedblogger' to do a review on Second Chance. The profile is run by a Muslim girl named Mirza who posts reviews on a variety of topics but mostly sticks to food.

The 'dignifiedblogger' has a large follower base and people adore her, so I suggested that we start with her. What's funny though is that, I used to get so upset looking at Mirza's perfect life and wanted to become like her at one point, but right now, I'm offering her a business opportunity and it feels so cool to be on this side. I used to feel jealous about all the free food that she receives and today I'm one of those people who arranged it for her.

So beautiful right — how things changed for me over a few months! Every time I think of these wonderful changes, I can't thank God enough for removing Sameer out of my life and putting my fate on a whole new direction. Oh, by the way, talking of Sameer, he is disappointing as ever! He just keeps viewing my IG stories and never came back. Wonder whether he will ever do it and give me the satisfaction of rejecting him. It's always been one of my dreams to turn down a dude. It would be so cool to be in control of the situation for once, right? I mean, cooler when it's done to your ex, isn't it?

Anyway, I should stop thinking of stupid things and focus on the moment now. I got dressed in my best abaya for the meeting today because Mirza always dresses up well and I didn't want to be anything lesser than her. But sadly, I got a little late to leave home and now I'm still in the bus.

She messaged a while ago saying that she will be arriving in 5 minutes. At the speed this bus is moving, I think I will reach the cafe later than that. She must have arrived by now. This is bad. What will Mirza think of my punctuality? What will Zayan think of me?

Perhaps I should call him up and keep him informed. I mean, more than telling him I'm going to be late, it's important to remind him of what should be served for her. The deal is to serve three slices of the signature cakes, one milkshake, a piece of brownie and two chocolate chip cookies. Zayan knows this already but still it's good to give a last moment reminder.

I don't want the cafe to offer 'dignifiedblogger' more than what's required. It's not like Zayan is dumb to do it. But you know, how men act with pretty girls sometimes — they can become absolutely silly. So, it's better to clarify before he overdoes anything.

I pull out my phone and start dialing Zayan's number but he doesn't answer. I try calling him thrice and still no answer. Generally he is the kind of person who answers in one ring. Wonder what happened today.