Chapter 15

Traveling without a phone in a Sri Lankan bus is an absolute pain because now I have no option but to listen to the crappy bus songs for the entire journey, and bus songs suck! If you know, you know!

Besides, I can't even talk to Sameer like the other days. So, that's affecting my mood too, I guess.

Actually, I moved our chats to Facebook for the time being until I sort out a new phone because I can go online only via the laptop now. So yeah, after I sent him a message informing that last night I haven't checked anything yet.

I planned to write a beautiful wish about our one month completion but my mood was totally spoilt after the phone breaking that I went straight to bed last night, crying myself to sleep. I must send him one as soon I reach office.

It's 8:29 am and I'm already here at office

It's 8:29 am and I'm already here at office. Just a minute early but this is huge for me! One day without the phone and I'm being punctual. Maybe like mom says it's my phone that's making me lazy.

James is here too. He looks up as I walk by his cabin and does that nod-with-a-smile as if to greet me. I smile too and get to my seat. Saad is not here yet.

Generally, I run to the washroom as soon I get to work to make sure my face looks okay and not sweaty because of traveling by bus. But not today. I have to message Sameer first. I haven't texted him for the past 8 hours and it doesn't feel right.

So, I turn on my laptop and open Facebook. I've got two messages from Sameer and this is what the first one reads,
"Happy one month to us baby! I never thought I will ever fall in love like this again. One month is no biggie but it's a huge deal when it's with you. You are the best thing that has happened to me in my life. I thought my life was over after my breakup but then you showed me that even broken hearts could have a fresh start. Maybe the time I've spent knowing you is very short compared to my previous relationship, but trust me Ilhaam you mean more than anyone or anything right now. You have added new meaning to my life. I love you so much and I miss you. Let's celebrate when I come back ♥️"

Such a beautiful wish. Not even I could've written one like this. I read it over and over again. 15 lines of text — a paragraph of emotions written for this plain-faced girl! Sameer is a real gem.

I don't know why but I'm tearing as I read it. None of the rude comments I got at the wedding yesterday even affects me anymore.

I finally have someone who loves me for who I am and it looks like he loves me a little too much. It's like a movie love story. I hope this happiness lasts forever.

As I am about to type my reply, my eyes go to the second message from him,
"How much money have you got?"

What the hell? Is Sameer expecting some money from me? Is that why he sugarcoated his wish so much? Eww!

Two days back, he did tell me about working additional shifts and trying to make some extra bucks in order to pay off his dad's debts but I thought he was sharing it with me only to get a few consoling words, because who doesn't like being consoled, right? But looks like he was expecting money from me the whole time! Eww! This is disgusting!