Chapter 20

After 8 days
*****************

Alright, so that day when Sameer blocked me, it wasn't really the end of our relationship. I mean, we did argue a lot after that and it almost felt like things were falling apart but then he unblocked me the next day saying that the sole reason of blocking me was because he was worried about me getting unnecessarily triggered by insignificant things and that he had no intention to hurt me. So yeah after one entire day of crying endlessly and skipping my meals, I got what I wanted.

But you know what else happened along with that? He also unblocked Aisha and now she is back on his profile liking and commenting as usual. It annoys me a lot and I want it to be stopped but if I raise this concern again, it will result in another argument between us. So, it is best that I learn to ignore certain things because speaking up only does harm.

After the last argument, Sameer and I have become more distant than ever. Though he claims to still love me, it almost feels like the relationship is over and I feel terribly lonely.

The thing is, we don't talk anymore. I'm not even exaggerating at this point. For real, we have stopped communicating. Not a single message from him over the last 7 days.

At least before the arguments started, we had the exchange of formality-sake 'good morning', 'I love you' and 'good night' texts daily but now nothing at all.

Maybe I should've never confronted him about Aisha. It has only worsened the situation from me. Maybe if I try hard enough I can get him to talk. But the truth is I am fed up of going after him like a dog now.

So, this time I am not going to make the first move. If he wants to, he can text me.

However, no matter how strong I think I am, I always end up crying myself to sleep and each morning I wake up expecting a message from him but all I get is nothing but disappointed. So yeah, my life feels void these days and I don't know what it is like to be depressed, but I guess I'm getting there.

Today is the day of the Trinco trip. Thanks to Salima, my parents agreed to send me. I felt so happy when I received the green light but now I am not even sure whether I want to go anymore. I wish I could ditch it and stay at home and do what I do best — be moody! But I can't disappoint Naomi and Saad, can I?

So, here I am on my way to office earlier than usual because it's going to be a 5.5 hours drive from Colombo to Trincomalee and we are supposed to start our journey at least by 7:00 am.

Apparently they have hired two luxury buses and even the boomers will be traveling with everyone else and not by their personal vehicles. To be honest, that's going to be a little awkward.

Oh God! My greatest nightmare was just about to come true

Oh God! My greatest nightmare was just about to come true. Stinky Mr. Lewis almost sat next to me but thanks to the infant's seating plan, he was removed and sent to the front seats because that's where all the management staff are seated. And now Naomi is here next to me and in front of us are Saad and James.