Chapter 25

The most beautiful things
in the world cannot be
seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart.

--Helen Keller.

*******

Minal P.O.V.

I was sitting in a cafe with Azeem. Zayaan hadn't come yet and Azeem was irritating me to death.

"I don't think he will come. He has changed his mind ", Azeem gave me his unwanted advice.

"Why don't you go back home? I can manage without you ", I said glaring at him.

I saw the sight of Zayaan waving at me. I stand up and waved at him. He came near me and forward his hand for a handshake. I was about to forward my hand when Azeem shake his hand with him.

Awkward. I will kill you Azeem. Zayaan sighed heavily and sat on the chair in front of me. Azeem was tightly holding my right hand. What the hell! I tried to free my hand from his grip but I failed miserably. I kick his foot under the table but it doesn't affect him. Someone is surely going to die.

Zayaan looks at me with furrowed eyebrows and I look down embarrassed.

"You are looking beautiful ", he said praising me. I bite my lips to control the blush which was forming on my cheeks.

"Thank you ", I replied pushing the hair locks behind my ears.

"I am sure you are here to complete the assignment with my fiance. It will be much better if you will concentrate on your assignment rather than praising my fiance ", Azeem tells him in his rude tone.

What the hell? I swear I was never this embarrassed before. That's the only reason I don't want seem to be there with me. And why the hell he keeps on chanting the word " fiance "? I glared at him.

He cleared his throat and we start working on their as almost impossible because Azeem was not letting me sit beside Zayaan.

After an hour, we are finally done with the assignment.

"It's done. You don't have to worry about other assignments. You don't need to come, I will do it all by myself", he said clearly annoyed by Azeem behavior.

I nodded my head with a slight embarrassment.

*******

I silently sat in the car. I was never this embarrassed before. It was all because of him. What does he think of himself?

"What happened Chudail? Why your mood is off ?" he asked grinning ear to ear. I badly want to break his teeth. Pagal. Bewakoof. Gadha.

"It will be much better if you will shut the hell up because you messed up everything ", I snapped at him.

"Iss masum si Jaan ne kya kiya? " he said pointing towards himself.

(What did this innocent soul has done)

I laughed sarcastically at his words.

"Mr. Azeem you and innocence can never come into the same sentence ", I said angrily.

"What have I done? " he asked innocently.

"Azeem, please shut up or I swear I will kill you ", I said clearly annoyed by Azeem.

"You have embarrassed me so much in front of Zayaan ", I said hiding my face between my hands.

"Embarrassed? You should be thankful to me for saving you from that idiot ", he scoffed.