Chapter 3

Edited by Crazycharacter15

***

Isha P.O.V

I was at the airport waiting for my cousin to show up. I thought I will go all by myself, but he demanded to pick me up. So here I am, all excited and a little nervous meeting my family after 5 years.

I miss my country; I miss this place, this freshness, these people, my family, and him also.

I was sipping my coffee until RAHIL’s name flashed on my phone. He was the one picking me up from the airport. I attended his call, and he instructed me to be there near the burger joint at the airport.

I arrived, and I saw him busy in his call. He is my dad’s sister’s son and a very close friend of mine.

“Assalam u Alaikum, RAHIL”, I said to him. He was so delighted to see me. He ruffled my hair and said,

“Walaikum Assalam, ishu. I missed you.”

“I missed you too Rahil, How are you? Does anybody come with u?” I asked him as my eyes were wandering around.

I just wanted to know that if he came to pick me. But why would he care? I was indeed nervous.

Then Rahil pointed someone at the end of the Airport. I was so freaking nervous. But he was not there.

There was Azeem, Fahad’s younger brother.

He saw me and was coming towards me. I smiled at him and asked,

“How are you, Mr. Azeem?” I said to annoy him.

“I am fine, but I felt that you are not pleasant seeing me, Are you expecting someone else to show up?” he said raising an eyebrow, “But your bad luck, he didn’t come,” he said faking sadness.

I pinched him and saw Rahil busy in his call.

“Ouch!” He winced, and I smirked before going towards the car. I sat in the back seat. I was scrolling through Instagram and listening to Azeem’s boring jokes.

We reached our home. I was very excited to meet my family after years. It felt so good. I have many memories attached to this house. Rahil and Azeem took my luggage.

Then Azeem told me in a serious tone,

Kya bharke lai ho isha? Kitna bhari hai luggage tumhara. Khuda di kasmey agar tum mere liye kuch nahi lai hogi udhar se, tou samaj lena”,

(What did you bring in this luggage? It is so heavy. Swear to God, if you haven’t brought me anything, I will not spare you).

I just chuckled and walked away.

I saw Hania sitting on a lawn drinking coffee. I was happy to see her. I regularly talk to her and she knew everything about me except him. I don’t have the guts to say such things to anyone. She was so overwhelmed to see me. She engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug.

“I miss you, ishu. It’s been years. Don’t you miss me?” she said with a pout.

“I freaking miss you a lot more than you expect. But I don’t think you are happy seeing me,” I said teasingly.

“Really?” she scoffed. “See, I have sacrificed my coffee for you. It’s so cold, and this is because of you. It is the greatest level of sacrifice,” she said proudly.

I chuckled at her. I have to say; she is just amazing. I went inside and was happy to see my mom. I truly miss her a lot. She doesn’t change a bit. Even though, when I was in the UK, she called me every day and she even scolds me for not having food on time. I love her a lot.

Her back was facing me. She was not aware that I have already arrived.

I hugged her tightly from behind, and she was thrilled to see me. A tear was welled up in her eye and it slowly escaped from there. I wiped it with my hands and said, 

“I miss you mom a lot”.

She kissed my palm and gave a hug and said, 

“You don’t know how much I missed you. You are my daughter, my everything"

Alhumdulillah I have a wonderful mother who loves me unconditionally.

“Ya Allah, you are looking so weak. Didn’t you eat properly there? I have made your favorite dishes,” she said to me excitedly.

“Go greet your Dadi Jaan,” she instructed me.

As I stand on the doorframe of the door. I saw him. What he has to do here? He was looking so handsome in his casual. And his smile is so damn good. Does he always smile like that?

Damn me, I am admiring a man.

Suddenly, someone squeezed my hand, and I saw it was Hania. I looked at her foolishly and she said sweetly.

” If you are done admiring my brother, can we go inside?”

I glared at her, and she chuckled.

“Assalamu alaikum”, I said excitedly and went towards the ladies, totally avoiding him. I hugged Dadi Jaan (Grandma) and she was so happy to meet me. She kissed my forehead and said,

"You know that right that you are always my favorite girl.”

“I know Grandma. I should be your darling only”, I replied, cutting a glance at Hania. Hania looks annoyed and Dadijaan laughed lowly.

Then I meet my Tay Ammi -Fahad mother. She is my favorite. She is like a mother figure to me. She always supports me. I hugged her tightly.

“My favorite girl is back, you don’t know how much I missed you?” she said to me while hugging me tightly.

“I missed you too,” I said to her. I turned towards him. I honestly don’t know what to say to him. Should I just ignore him? No way, it will sound offended. I was hell nervous.

“Assalamu alaikum Fahad”, I said to him nervously. He didn’t reply. He was just staring with a smile. Wait, am I looking that bad? Hania understood the situation and whispered something in his ears.

“Walaikum Assalam,” he replied.

I smiled at him. I and Hania left the room because I don’t wanna caught in another embarrassing situation. As we left the room, Hania laughed. I pinched her but it doesn’t affect her. She moved closer to me and whispered,

“I can sense love is in the air. You don’t know, but you both were checking out each other".

I gave her a dangerous glare, and she smiles at me in return.

Mr. Fahad Khaled, you are such a complicated person

***