Chapter 21

A successful marriage is not
when you can live in peace
with your wife, But when you can't
live in peace without her.

--Yasir Qadhi.

*******

Fahad P.O.V

The next morning, I was waiting for her at the dining table. I am still not happy that she will be working in another company. But she is happy, that matters. There were a lot of dishes at the dining table, but I don't want to eat anything. I lost my appetite to eat anything today.

I heard a cough and I lifted my eyes up. I was shocked to see her. She was looking so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off. She was wearing a long black top with a black palazzo. Her head was secured with a white hijab. Professionalism sparks through her eyes. I put my palm on my chest and let out a deep sigh.

"Chalein," she asked me in a low voice.
(Let's go)
I nodded my head and we went to the car. There was an awkward silence in the car. Neither of us saying anything.

As we reached there, she looks at me with an attractive smile. A smile crept to my lips seeing her smiling.

"You will surely get a job because you deserve it. Best of luck ", I said smiling at her.

She nodded her head but there was a hint of nervousness on her face. I pulled her towards her and give her a comforting hug.

"Thanks, Fahad ", she mumbled.

I nodded my head and pecked her forehead.

" I will be there in a car. Call me when you are done with the interview ", I said looking at her.

She nodded her head and went out of the car.

An hour passed and I was restless. Why she is taking too much time? It's been an hour and there was no message from her. I quickly went out of my car. I went inside the company and reached the receptionist. She looks at me and gasped.

"Mr. Fa..had ", she stuttered.

"Yeah, is the interview for the candidates over yet? " I asked in my professional tone.

"Not yet ", she said blushing.

"Can you please let me know that the interview of Mrs. Isha Fahad is done yet or not? " I asked her out of my curiosity. She checked through the list but there was a confusion etched on her forehead.

"Sir, I am sorry to say that there is no interview of Mrs. Isha Fahad ", she informed me.

I shook my head. It is not possible.

"But there is a form of a girl. Her name is Isha Zubair and she is not married ", she informed me.

What the hell? She addresses herself as a single. Why she is so innocent? There are idiotic boys out there. I run my hands through my hair frustratedly.

I lifted my gaze up and saw her coming towards me. But she didn't notice me because she is busy talking with that idiot Reyhan. I know him very well. He is a type of flirt and that's the only reason I was not allowing her to the job in this company. But she didn't listen to me.

I went towards her angrily. My jaw was clenched and my hands balled into a fist. I literally want to punch him so hard that he will never look at my Isha. I took a deep breath and stand beside her. She was surprised to see me. I put my hand on her waist. She was shocked by my sudden action. And I was noticing the confused expression on his face. I smirked at him.
"Nice to meet you Fahad ", he said forwarding his hand to shake. My hold on Isha waist tighten and I put my other hand in my pocket.