The prodigal gal: 21

"I do, it's not that different from a regular smart phone. The thing is the person you're calling has to have one"

"He must've given her one, she's saved. With heart eyes." Elijah said dialing Laurie.

"Hello."

"Laurie, it's Elijah."

"Elijah, where's My mom and dad?"

"I'm with your mom and Jaden. Where are you?" Elijah asked.

"I'm actually on my way back, we escaped. Elijah what's going on? Is Shawn with you guys?"

"I don't think I can explain over the phone. Don't go home, come straight to our place." Elijah said.

*************

Amethius brought Laurie to the Macharia residents, they were waiting for her outside.

The destruction left behind by the zombies was evidence enough that something was wrong, but when she saw the look on everyone's faces, she feared she was about to lose her regular life forever and that she in the process took normal away from everyone else around her.

"Laurie." her mother embraced her with a tight hug, Jaden hugged her too.

"Come inside everyone." Akinyi said.

Laurie explained Amethius' presence and his situation with his niece, then her mother told her what happened.

"I don't understand, how did she come back?" Laurie asked.

"She merged her soul with your father's, before you destroyed her physical body." Akinyi replied.

"And now she wants to do the same with you." Elijah said.

Laurie was about to reply when shadows started to appear all around her, which was no surprise even after not seeing them for awhile, what surprised her was that everyone else could see them as well.

"Laurie Bloom, you have returned." One of the shadows said.

"How do they know you?" Elizabeth asked.

"We've been watching over her since she was a child, Sojourner made many attempts on her life when she was younger."

"Is that why you guys were always around?" Laurie asked.

"Yes, the shadow beast was very powerful in our realm, but this is your domain, she couldn't face you here before, especially not with us shielding you."

"Do you guys know how to get her out of my dad?" Laurie asked, and a brief silence passed between them.

"Mistress the only way to stop the shadow beast is to destroy the host, he is her last anchor to the world of the living." The shadow man said.

"No, I'm not destroying my dad, there must be another way." Laurie replied firmly.

"There has to be." Elizabeth said.

"You misunderstand, Gerald Bloom is gone, she has completely taken him over. This is no longer just about killing Sojourner, it's about protecting your world, the longer she uses her magic here the more humans will become her mindless minions." Another Shadow said.

"This can't be happening." Elizabeth said.

"I'm afraid we've suspected this was the case." Akinyi added.

"We have to save my dad." Jaden said.

"We will, she's messed with us for the last time." Laurie said.

"Another thing you need to worry about, she gave Shawn until midnight to live if you don't show." Aaliyah added softly.

"Wait, this man he is a genie. Why can't we just wish her away?" Elizabeth asked.