Up Wall Battle: 17

"Watch out!" I shouted, but it was too late, a branch sprouted from the wall and slammed into us, she dropped me, I felt my heart sped up when dark energy shot from my chest and grabbed onto the wall.

"Go!" I shouted to her, she smiled then continued to fly up dodging the occasional branch and falling boulder.

I used the dark energy that acted like an additional limb to help me climb up the wall, luckily nothing was attacking me.

The limb reminded me of my great grandmother, I couldn't shake the memory of killing her.

I was close to the top when the wall legit opened like a huge mouth and tried to swallow me with a vine that acted like a tongue.

I screamed and tried to avoid it, I looked around, I was the only one at that level, everyone else was a little higher.

"Oh crap, I don't wanna transform, wait why the hell not!" I asked myself, just then the vine gripped me then reeled me in, the wall started to lock me in.

I screamed again then transformed into my black sun form then blasted my way out and flew up the wall too fast for it to block me.

I can't believe I forgot I could transform here, everyone is different here, everyone is like me in a way that set us all apart from everyone else, we were all individual but I was starting to recognize that something that we all shared.

"You made it!" Jelena said after I landed and reverted to my normal form, my necklace was briefly exposed I tucked it in quickly, but not before Talon's little friend got a quick glimpse.

"Yeah unfortunately the last of the red team made it before you." a tall long haired guy said, he didn't sound angry just annoyed at losing.

"Oh no, did I make you guys lose?"

"Nah, Bobby did, he's still up there." The guy replied.

"Hey little miss, those were some pretty wet moves." Talon said after jogging over. He was mad sweaty.

"Yeah, if I'm not mistaking that was a black sun form, you have to be a descendant of the black sun tribe." A random guy said, I nodded then others flocked me and started to question me about my black sun magic.

I noticed Rapunzel watching me, she definitely saw the necklace.

"Alright, give her some space. Red team are our champions which means they are one step closer to winning the trip to the surface."

A trip to the surface! That could be my way out! Then again I'd be putting everyone I love in danger.

Red team cheered, I felt like such a loser, It was my first day and I already felt a need to be the best, stupid Bobby, I should've joined red team!

"Miss Bloom I have never seen anyone scale that wall on their first try, that's an A+ on this activity."

"Yes!" Jelena exclaimed and the long haired guy high fived me.

"Did I miss something?" I asked confused as to why everyone on my team seemed so happy for me.

"Every high passing grade is a minor point to our entire team." Jelena said.

"How much is a minor point worth?" I asked.

"A quarter of a regular point which is what they just got, and as a result of losing we all, except for you failed this activity." Long haired guy explained.

"Wow this is a competitive academy." I replied.

We all hit the Locker rooms then had lunch, I sat with Jelena and some of the people on our team.