The Kiss of Death: 8

"Look we know you're a merman, I don't see how that's gonna help." Laurie said.

Shawn's mouth hung open, and his eyes widened in shock, absolutely no one knew about him and no one was supposed to.

"How did you?-"

"Don't worry about it." Ramses replied.

"He is the very thing you fear, what you've been running from." Arthur said to Ramses who looked confused for a second.

"He's a Relic Hunter!" Ramses exclaimed and charged at him, Shawn threw him off like he was made of tissue paper.

Ramses got back up immediately and attempted to lunge at him again, Laurie stopped him.

"Is that true? Were you just trying to use me to get the lamp?"

"It's more complicated than that."

"Leave." Laurie replied.

"You heard her." Ramses added.

"Look, the other Relic Hunters don't know this, but their leader is my mother, the queen of the underwater kingdom, I was sent to the surface to investigate them, their leader was keeping some of the relics and using them for his own selfish needs."

"Sounds like your problem." Ramses replied.

"Wait, so you were trying to get the lamp before they did?" Laurie asked.

"Yes, I was, but right now that's not important."

"Seems pretty damn important to me." Ramses replied.

"Listen, there are other relics, we might have one that can help you get your family back."

"This is true." Arthur said.

"Your friend the Genie knows of such an item." Arthur added.

"What?"

"He just doesn't remember." Arthur replied.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ramses replied, Arthur neared him slowly with his hand out as his eyes lit up once more.

"What are you doing?"

"I can help bring the memories back."

"No, I don't want to remember, no don't."

Arthur placed his hand on Ramses forehead and his golden eyes started to glow as well.

"Wow this is a weird day." Shawn said to Laurie as they watched the weird scene unfold, Ramses fell to the floor abruptly with tears in his eyes.

"You've spent a long time trying to bury those memories, it's time to remember who you are and where you came from king Tutankhamun."

"Ramses." Laurie knelt down next to him, he refused her touch.

"I was 19, when it happened."

"When what happened?"

"When I was trapped inside that lamp and cursed to serve and grant the wishes of whoever rubbed it."

"Who did that to you?"

"My uncle."

"Why-"

"His uncle wanted to ascend the thrown." Arthur replied.

"Why would you force him to relive that?"

Arthur didn't respond and a brief silence passed between them.

""Le baiser de la mort, it was a gift from my mother, she gave it to me the day I became king."

"What is it?" Laurie asked.