Surface Scum: 19

"You were here in our world with the true queen." the shadow man said to me.

It was then that I realized the shadow forms we saw were them projecting their soul selves into our world while their physical bodies remained in theirs.

"What's going on, what's with the glowing eyed zombies?" I asked.

"Sojourner did not die, she merged her soul with Laurie's father when she swallowed him, she's taken him over, but the shadow essence in him is not enough, she is trying to open a portal to our world with her limited abilities."

"Oh my God, but wait how does that explain the zombies?"

"She's been trying to open a portal to our world for too long, the magic here is not meant to enter the human world, it is poisoning the people closest to it. You must find Laurie Bloom only she can stop this."

"Where's her mother and Brother?" Shawn asked.

"I can lead you too them."

I got on my bike and followed the creepy shadow.

The surface was going to hell, Laurie would be furious.

******

"There they are, with the witches. You must bring Laurie Bloom back here, we cannot reach her, the mistress, she is lost."

"Thank you." I replied then the shadow disappeared.

So they can't reach her under water?

I approached their door with caution, I certainly didn't expect a warm welcome.

The door opened before I knocked and an old woman let me in.

"You!"

"Shawn!" Jaden exclaimed running towards me.

"Hey kiddo." I said hugging him.

"Jaden, don't hug strangers." Laurie's mother said, the occupants of the house were gathering in front of me.

"He isn't a stranger. Shawn where's Laurie?" Jaden asked.

"Wait you're that young man, you were there. Where is my daughter?" She asked.

"Laurie is safe, she's still in the underwater kingdom." Shawn said.

"When is she coming back?" Jaden asked.

"No, Laurie shouldn't come back, we now know that Sojourner wants to use her as a vessel." Akinyi said.

"As much as we don't like it, she has to stay put until we figure out a way to banish Sojourner." Aaliyah said.

"You don't have much time according to the shadows." I said.

"You can see them?" Laurie's mom asked.

I nodded, then knelt down to Jaden's level.

"Don't worry little man, she'll be back soon. The sooner I get back and let her know what's going on."

"Is your mother going to allow that?" Aaliyah asked.

"She'll have to." I said.

"We'll come back with you to make sure." Elijah said.

"I don't know-"

"Shawn duck!" Jaden shouted but it was too late I was hit in the head with a bat.

"Its a whole army of them." Laurie's mother said holding Jaden, the witches took defensive stands, about a hundred zombies were storming their house.