The kiss of death: 9

Shawn swiftly grabbed the gun and hit the guy with it, knocking him out.

"That was supposed to go smoothly." Shawn said as he took her hand and lead her around the back.

"It's below, I can feel it's beneath us." Laurie said.

"It's probably in the basement, it's gonna be impossible to get in there." Shawn replied.

"Is all of you super strong?"

"Huh?"

"Like can you leap super high?" she asked looking up at an open window.

"Genius." Shawn replied, he held her on his back then backed up and leapt up in through the window, their landing was less than perfect, but not as loud as they expected.

They were in an empty bedroom, filled with negative energy, the white sheets were gleaming with sinful intent, the air was dusty and the room smelt of rotten wood.

"We're going to have to be real careful from here on out." Shawn said then slowly cracked the door.

"The coast is clear, stay behind me." he said reaching a hand behind him.

They slowly made their way to the stairs, surprisingly, no one was around and the place was quiet, the mansion wasn't necessarily a place where hunters were all day every day, but the quiet made Shawn feel uneasy.

"Listen, if they shoot me with one of those guns, you have to run away, forget that necklace and get out of here." He said as they made their way downstairs.

"Don't be crazy, I need that to save my family and Ramses is here, I'm not leaving him."

"Mr fireawn, you disappoint me." Cerberus said appearing in the foyer, a bunch of other relic hunters filed in from other rooms all with the magic nullification pistols.

"Mr Walters"

"Ah, but you don't surprise me." Cerberus said, then with the wave of his hand, one of the hunters shot Shawn with the weird rope shooter that immediately floored him and robbed him of his strength.

"Shawn!"

"Run!"

"Why would she do that? When she still has wishes to grant?" Cerberus replied when Thorne brought out the Genie, his face was bloody and he looked pissed when he threw Ramses to the floor.

"You shouldn't have come." Ramses said getting on his feet.

"No no, she made the right decision." Cerberus said.

"Laurie, there are two ways for you to relinquish your right to your wishes." Cerberus said then was interrupted by Ramses.

"Don't listen to him!" Ramses shouted, Thorne punched him and he fell to the floor.

"Don't touch him!" Laurie lunged at Thorne, who easily over powered her then held her arms back.

"Laurie! Don't hurt her!" Shawn shouted.

"Unfortunately you don't get a say pretty boy." Thorne replied.

"Cerberus you do not want to do this, you have no idea who I am." Shawn replied.

Cerberus laughed then walked over to him and knelt down.

"I know exactly who you are, sweet Prince." He whispered then got back up, Shawn was frozen once more, no one knew who was running things, he was sure.

He looked long and hard at Cerberus in confusion, before he remembered Artemis's bracelet, just how powerful was he with it?

"Where were we, ah yes. Laurie you must bring the genie's lamp to me and relinquish the right to your wishes or-"