The Shadow of time: 6

"No, I don't wanna hear that!" Laurie roared.

"Laurie?" Jaden said then started to cry.

"Jaden, don't look at me." she replied.

"Laurie look at yourself." Ramses said and she realized she had gone back to normal, the sadness overtook her fury when she heard his little voice, she hated hearing him sound like that, her brother was supposed to be yelling at her and getting on her nerves, not on the brink of death.

"Jaden, you're gonna be okay. Remember you have two wishes you can wish for anything you want, just use your voice." She whispered to him.

"What are his options?" Laurie asked glaring at Ramses.

"If he wishes to be okay anything could happen, from his symptoms being transferred to someone else, to him being okay in a no longer here way." Ramses replied.

"Ramses, those aren't options, please think, you've been granting wishes forever."

Ramses thought for a second before something came to him.

"Jaden, quick wish for us to go back in time, right before this happened." Ramses said, Jaden's eyes weren't focused, he didn't even look like he heard them.

"No, Jay stay with us."

"Morphine. Jaden, make the wish." Ramses said when a doctor entered the room with the nurse that ran out.

"What are you two doing in here?"

*******

"You're an island girl, now I have to impress you, I'm Jamaican, I left early, but my mom is obsessed with making sure I end up with a fellow islander."

"What, how did I- Jaden!"

"Excuse me, are you good?"

"No, I have to go!" Laurie replied and sped back to her locker, she grabbed her back pack and ran to her car.

As soon as she got in the car she released Ramses.

"Ramses we're-"

"In the past, I know, step on it."

"How does this work?" She asked speeding to his school which was luckily not too far away from hers.

"I granted the wish, so I'm aware we're in the past, I'm not sure how you know though, I didn't even hear him make the wish."

"I think he said it in his head." Laurie replied.

They reached his private school that had crazy security and rarely let anyone, but parents on the premises, luckily they knew her from when she used to go there.

"We have to hurry, we won't be any help if we end up getting blown up too." Ramses said.

"Is he gonna know this is the past?" Laurie asked, the kids were on the playground and she was searching for his head of puffy curls.

"Jaden!" She called.

"I'm not sure." Ramses replied.

"Oh there he is, I think I know what caused the explosion." Ramses pointed to Jaden who was fighting with another boy over the swings, Jaden's hands were starting to glow.

Laurie ran to him, Ramses followed her.

"Laurie, what are you doing here?" Jaden asked still holding on to the swing.

"Oh, look it's your stupid sister, she's not gonna do anything and I'm not letting go nerd." the other boy said holding on to the swing as well.

"Beat it kid!" Ramses roared at the other boy and he fell frightened then ran away crying.