Island I am: 11

"Oh my God, Laurie what happened to your parents?" Aaliyah exclaimed after entering their living room.

"Should we call someone?" Elijah whispered to his sister.

"Laurie, talk to me.... does this have anything to do with the shadows you see?" Aaliyah asked and a sharp silence followed before Laurie looked at her with hope and fear.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"You would be surprised." Elijah said then he and his sister shared a knowing look.

"Aaliyah the shadows, they're not shadows, they're people from another realm, they didn't do this, well not on their own, there's this shadow beast and she's..." Laurie stopped herself to observe her audience, they looked at her as if she had finally started to make sense, the exact opposite of the reaction she expected.

"Odd." Elijah said looking at his sister.

Laurie's face fell, she must of misinterpreted their reactions.

"I expected this to be the Relic hunters, they've been watching you, Laurie." Elijah said and Laurie's heart stopped for a second.

She looked at him with new eyes and backed up.

"How do you know about the-"

"I told you, you would be surprised." Elijah said with a grin and his eyes glowed purple.

Aaliyah did the same and Laurie remembered the story Aaliyah told her about her family history after she told her about the shadows, she said her ancestors were witches.

"Oh my God, you weren't kidding when you said your ancestors are w-"

"Witches." Aaliyah finished for her then held up her finger, it lit up with purple flames.

"I can't believe this." Laurie replied.

"So if this wasn't the relic hunters, why would they be watching you?" Elijah asked.

"Long story, I may have found a genie's lamp or stole it from my mom." Laurie replied.

"Oh my God, Ramsey don't tell me, I knew I could sense something and not just him." Aaliyah replied.

"Yeah, Shawn's different too." Laurie replied.

Elijah was standing over her parents with his eyes closed.

"They're fading, both of their life forces are very weak, they don't have much time." Elijah said, Laurie's heart sped up again, but maybe she could still have hope, she thought they were already gone.

"What happened to them?" Aaliyah asked.

"The shadow beast who happens to be my great grandmother, devoured their souls."

A grim look passed between Aaliyah and Elijah.

"What?" Laurie asked.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Laurie replied.

"I'm guessing this matriarch is very powerful?" Elijah said.

"She's referred to as a shadow beast and can turn into a monster, so yeah." Laurie replied.

"That's gonna be a problem." Elijah said.

"The only way to save your parents, is to kill her and free them, before they are fully merged."

She would have to kill her, she would have to find the strength and the courage to kill her great grandmother.

"Where are the Genie and Shawn?" Aaliyah asked.