The New Kid: 4

"Hi." Laurie replied not sure why he was talking to her.

"Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me borrowing her for a few seconds."

"You're the new kid, Shawn Fireawn." Katy said reaching out a hand, he shook it gently.

"You seem great, Shawn but we're not in the habit, of lending her out, she's our only dread head." Aaliyah said.

"What's this about lending out friends?" Meredith appeared at their table out of nowhere and was standing so close to Shawn, Laurie was sure he could feel her desperate little heart beating.

"Hey Meredith." The other girls greeted her.

"Hi, I'm Meredith Ashley, you're new right?"

"Yes, I am. I'm Shawn."

"Quick tip Shawn, this is a fortress of feminists in solidarity, you're not about to separate Miss Bloom so easily." Meredith replied smiling while holding on to his arm.

She was gorgeous, tall, jet black hair and impossibly intense blue eyes. Laurie could tell he was already, completely falling for her.

"I see, well I just wanted to tell you that I'm a really big fan of your dad's paintings, I actually bought one off Instagram a while back, I recognised you from a picture he has up."

Laurie immediately shrunk into herself, her father always posted the most embarrassing, out dated pictures of her.

"Oh God, not the one where we have matching hairstyles." Laurie replied and face palmed.

"Wow, I didn't think that was actually possible." Meredith said with a chuckle.

"Her father also has dreadlocks." Aaliyah said.

"Oh, well don't worry Laurie, it's super cute that you and your dad are like legit best friends." Meredith said tentatively touching her shoulder.

"Don't worry, I didn't come over just cause I thought the paintings were beautiful." Shawn knelt down and whispered, then bid everyone later and dipped.

"Oh my God, guys he smells divine." Laurie squealed after he left.

Meredith sat down next to Katy and observed them, even though her own table of friends were waiting on her to return.

"So, what do we know about him?" Meredith asked.

"Girl, it must be serious if you're asking you always have the 411." Keke replied.

"I don't trust a man without a profile pic on IG or any pics of himself online, gives me very much serial killer vibes." Meredith replied while checking her makeup in a small mirror.

"Well I don't wanna intrude any longer I just came to remind you ladies to meet me after school today." Meredith said to Katy and Keke then returned to her own table.

"Here we go again." Katy said just as Laurie was about to speak.

"You don't even know what I was about to say." Laurie complained.

"Yes we do, you think she's out to get you and only came over here to cock block like she did with Miles back in 6th grade." Eudora said.

"I'm still scarred, Miles had to transfer schools." Laurie exclaimed.

"Because his parents moved sis." Lisa replied.

"Technicalities." Laurie replied.

"Look, we're not saying you're wrong, we're saying show her whose got the bigger nuts." Keke said.