Black Sun Queen: 12

"Look who got some new toys." Sojourner said grabbing her cloak then throwing her to the floor.

She took up the lamp then stood over her great granddaughter.

"I've been getting to know your story, you feel something for this genie." Sojourner said mischievously.

"Get away from her." Jaden exclaimed running to his sister, Sojourner back handed him to the floor, Laurie shot up from the ground and ripped her arm clear off.

"Don't ever f#cking touch him!" Laurie roared.

"That's it." Sojourner roared then started to transform into the huge shadow beast.

"Laurie." Shawn called worried.

"Get my brother out of here."

Shawn did as told and ran out with Jaden, he grabbed the lamp on his way out.

****

"Shawn, where's Laurie?" Ramses said as soon as Shawn released him, they were outside of the castle.

"She is inside, fighting the shadow beast."

"You left her!" Ramses exclaimed.

"She can handle herself."

"Shit." Ramses exclaimed with his hands on his head.

Jaden watched the still castle in front of them and wondered what was happening.

Laurie suddenly flew out of the castle with the beast on her back.

"Move out the way!" She yelled.

She dodged one long arm to get hit by one of the other six, she immediately got back up and punched her.

They continued in a vicious exchange of kicks and punches, the beast fired some kind of dark energy from her mouth.

Luckily Solomon's ring was healing her, but she was having trouble keeping up with her great grandmother who definitely had more experience.

"We have to help her!" Ramses exclaimed.

"We are, by staying out of her way." Shawn replied.

"No, Arthur stole the necklace, if we find it, we might give her an advantage." Ramses said.

"I'm in." Jaden shouted.

"Where is he?" Shawn asked.

"In the palace."

"Let's go."

***

"Surrender to me child." the shadow beast shouted.

Sojourner's guards were starting to gather outside, watching their fierce battle.

"Never." Laurie shouted then flew into the air and dived on her, the beast used three of her long reaching tentacle like hands to throw her off.

Laurie rolled in the mud for a second before she got back up.

"If only I knew what this thing did." She said to herself holding on to Solomon's ring.

"I've had enough of you." The beast said then unleashed a plethora of the dark energy from her mouth, Laurie threw up her hands and closed her eyes, she quickly opened them when she heard everyone gasped, the purple flames Aaliyah had, were shooting from her hands.

She flew into the air and rained down fire on the beast, she was too quick, every hit connected.

The beast stretched out one of its hands and ripped Solomon's chain from her neck, then two others ripped away the cloak, Laurie fell hard.