Chapter 16

I typed on, occasionally wincing in pain. It was after 2 in the morning, I pretended to be asleep last night to avoid my usual night pretence to dad. It was like he cared, when he never did. My hatred for him, as Claire predicted,  had worsened a great deal.

     Things were normal with my story again. No weird extra words and as for Liv, she had gone, forever. I admit I was harsh on her but what did she expect when I was not in her mood. My life is a mess already.

   I looked out of the window and my eye fixed on the plain white one of something, it was smiling at me. I looked away from the eyes to try seeing its body but it was dark, so all I could see was the white eyes.

    My head banged loudly resulting in me holding them in pain. It was really heavy on me, the pain on my body adding to the strange one on my head.

   "So...Maddie." I turned back swiftly to look at the voice. Valak smirked at me. How I regretted making him this sexy! "How's Mae been treating you?" He asked casually sitting on the bed.

   No, he wasn't as disgusting as his mother and yeah, I still have a thing for him and he knows I do.

   "She's been really mean to me." I surprisingly confessed instinctively. I wanted to hit my mouth after doing so, but then it'd only worsen things and make it dramatic much.

    "Aw baby, so sorry. And my mom? How has that been on you too?" I blushed beet red at the nickname 'baby'. He might be using my thing for him as an advantage but damn was it working so well.

   "Its been long with her, she's mad at me. Wait, why am I telling you this?" I asked honestly understanding I was in front of a character, who wanted me dead! Hell it wasn't going as expected for someone as unforgiving as I am. Its not a metaphorical speech.

    He smiled before stretching his legs and yawning as though he was tired, was he?

     "Let's end this conflict. You wanting to kill me and vice." This was surprising, he wasn't a quitter.

      "Yeah? Why?"

      "Because I don't want to hurt you. Mae has done pretty much on you already." And he knows Mae, why am I not surprised. "Liv told me you were passing through shit."

      "You spoke with her?"

       "Yeah. Would you want me to finish off the neck?"

       "You happen to write your own dialogues now, why would you be asking me?" He smiled and ignored my question, lying on my bed he stared at the wall.

       "How about this, let's start from the beginning. Hi, I'm Valak." He was so different, he was not the person I made. He was nice? Okay maybe he was deceitful but still he never did this, he was just straight to the horrible point. Unfortunately, I can play along.

       "Maddie." I smiled wincing as my back touched the chair. He walked over to me.

       "Let me heal you." He can heal? "Well, I'm a supernatural being." He added as though he could read my mind. Well, wow. He's now a creature of his own self.

      I ended up getting real comfortable with Valak. He was surprisingly funny and nice, even if that made me uneasy. He told me about his victims even if  I already knew them but in a different perceptive. He also told me that before they were casted to hell, they made a lot of noise as they felt indestructible.

       "Speaking of dead characters, I don't understand any of this. Why are these characters real?"

      "Because you made 'em so." Okay that was not the answer I expected, it was brief. "You don't regret it now you know, right?" He asked concerned. But like any good observator, I could see he was trying to get words out of my mouth.

      "Should I?" I asked and he shrugged laying back. My wounds were now better and I backed him focusing on my laptop. "Shouldn't you be in there? In the story?" I asked writing a scene he is needed, as usual.

     "I'm bored of killing those people, I wanna go actual hunting." I turned to him with an eyebrow raised. "What?"

     "You're sick." I giggled turning back to my laptop. "Are you still in character?" I asked even if I knew he wasn't, I just wanted some sorta explanation as to why.

     "No."

      "Why?"

      "Cause typically, I can do whatever I want." I looked at him again, someone was cocky after all. I wasn't in the mood for weird arguments so I turned back, facing the screen.

      It was 5 and I stared outside. Since I stayed awake till this time, why not just fake being asleep and watch how I get carried to the basement. I smiled and walked over to my bed.

      "Get up. I want to sleep."

      "Or you wanna make yourself a bait?" He was a spirit and a healer, but could be read minds too? "Yes baby, I can." He smirked.

     "Whatever. Get up." I crossed my hand looking at him. He sighed then poof, he disappeared.

     If Valak can read minds,  does it mean he had been reading my mind all along. Something just makes me want to work with him. Again,  I know what I created and I know what he can do. He's as corny as hell.

     He did keep me company today. I felt my door open and a slimy thing cover my nose.

    "Fuck." I cursed as I stared at my four companions. Mae was casually admiring the whips. "So that's how you bring me here? By covering my nose? I'll give you credits."

    "You were awake. Do you like these torture?" She asked out of the blue. "I myself I am. So why don't you fucking cooperate?" That was sudden. She still had her usual outlook but a softer one.

    "By calling you mom? Why do you desperately need it? Its just a fucking name." I groaned irritated. Tally collected the cane getting ready to use it. Bastard.

     "Wait." Mae signalled Tally. "Your mom is coming over with Kian and  Claire. You better behave." She warned seriously.

     "Surrrrreeee. So I'm free to go?"

     Mae stared at me hard. I know I'm a hard girl and right now,  it comes handy. Imagine this was Kian in my shoes,  he'd probably worship her everyday of his life.

     "Untie her." And she left. Darky untied me while giving me his usual pitiful and innocent look.

    "Get these things off me." I snapped at him. I left the basement and glanced over at dad who was busy preparing the dessert with Mae. Mae. Such a bitch.

     I sat on my chair with nothing in my mind. Valak was no longer in character and I wanted someone to help me deal with Mae

     Maybe Valak could still be physically useful...maybe.

    I grinned satisfied.