Chapter 8

Bella had been disturbing me about how I really feel with having a step mom. What was I to say? Oh please.

   Its been two hours since the announcement, mom said they'll be arriving tomorrow and that I needed to be in my best behavior.

    Anyways, I've been staring out of my window waiting for Liv, I wished she could close her neck to look less puke worthy. I know I caused it blah blah blah, and so? I didn't make her appear physically or escape.

   Speaking of which, I tried casting the dead characters I came across to hell. I revised my story from beginning and I am not even half way through, I spent half or more of my time drifting to thoughts and expecting Liv.

   "I can't imagine having a step mom. What if she's a total bitch?" Bella asked momentarily forgetting I can always be a bigger bitch. I don't care if she's a doting step mom, or a stupid one. I won't respect or acknowledge her or dad.

   "I look like I care?" I asked still looking outside the window. She was sitting on the bed knitting, I found out she knits today too.

    "You don't but Kian do, I tried talking to him, but like you, he's distant." Distant? Kian must be taking this news bad, he likes Bella a lot more than I ever would.

   "He is?" I asked turning my chair too look at her, she nodded still engrossed in her...whatever she claims to be wasting the wool on. I stood up leaving for Kian's room, he needs me even if I need answers from Liv.

    I opened his door slightly looking at him. He stood there backing me and looking out of his window. He sighed running his hand through his hair turning to sit when he saw me. I came in closing the door while he sat on the bed.

    "Talk to me K." I began sitting down. Whenever I'm with Kian, I'm the sweetest and most caring I can ever be. I might snap at him but not in situations like this, he was devastated.

   "I don't want a step mom. What if she beats you or me? What if mom dies and dad too leaving us with her, and she's cruel?"

    "How many step mom fictions do you read?" I asked surprised at his illustration and he smiled. "She's not going to hurt you nor me, especially me and you." He laughed and I smiled. "She may not be nice but who cares? We have mom and dad, and they won't die, they won't." I paused. "And if they do, you have me, always Kian." I smiled at him. He was cute, young and with a childish mentality. Yet matured.

   "What if something happens to you?" I bit my tongue from saying Valak would be there for him.

   "Then you have your God." I'm an atheist but if Kian believes in beings, then I trust they would guide him. He looked at me intently. "Listen K, nothing will happen to us. Our step mom would be nice, if she isn't, then Kian I need you to be strong." I wanted to say be a bitch, but he was too young to turn up like me. He would be like me if he grows, but I still like him the way he is now.

    "I'd try Madd. Why would dad be so mean?" Cause he's an ass obvi.

   "I don't really know K, it shouldn't bother you." I lied smiling at him. He looked at his laps considering saying something but decided against it. "You can tell me anything, anytime." I stressed the 'anytime' not wanting to pressure him into talking.

   "Thanks. I needed this talk." Yeah you did. I can't even imagine him having a fairy tale mindset, not everyone gets a bad step mom. "Uhm...Madd?" He asked looking unsure of...?

   "Yeah?"

    "About what you asked me...I'd believe if the person telling me, is someone I trust." He finished and I smiled nodding. I stood to go but turned while holding the knob.

    "I love you K." I smiled and he smiled back as I left the room. He was so understanding, no matter how insane. He was a younger brother but a best friend I never had too. Taking me so long to notice was disappointing but...it was worth it.

   I looked at the direction of mom's room and mine. I don't know when I'd get to see Liv but maybe I'd talk to mom, not to apologize or anything, just to make her understand I didn't mean the rudeness.

    "Mom?" I muttered opening her room door slightly. She was backing me on her bed but holding a book, it looks like an album of photos. Ugh! "Hey mom." I called louder and she looked at me with a wide smile.

   "Baby. Come on in." She smiled and I entered sitting on the bed. She doesn't like her room having a chair and even if dad always puts them or insisted, she made sure to remove it once he's gone. So early tommorow, it'd probably be back.

   "What's that?" I asked looking at her hand. She smiled handing me the book, it was an album with family photos. The one she was staring at when I came in was a picture of her and dad. I looked up at her.

   "I don't understand where I went wrong. I trusted him even if all possibilities were there, but I get repaid like this." Why was she sad about having a fellow wife?

   "I know you are sad mom. But you still get to live here." She looked at me smiling sadly. She shook her head handing me an envelope beside her. I collected it and opened it immediately. I stared at in shock. And she already signed the papers!

   That's why she was felt really bad. He wasn't just marrying a new wife, he was divorcing her. This wasn't going well, it was not good. I looked up to her tear filled eyes. Does Kian know this?

    "He wants to stake full claim on one of you." She muttered looking at me. "But I love the both of you too much, he bought a house down Avenue street for me and whoever I choose among the both of you. He won't let me take you both." She finished sobbing quietly.

    "I'm staying with dad." I whispered remembering Kian. He was scared of having a step mom and well, I wasn't even if I don't want someone pestering me all day.

    "No baby. I know we don't get along but you can't do this to me." She whispered softly as her eyes held sadness and sorrow. I smiled at her as for the first time in years I knew I was going to miss her touchy emotions and feelings.

    "I'm not doing it because of you. I want Kian to have a happy home." He is my best friend and I could always visit them anytime I felt like it. Besides, I could always phone them all the time too.

    "Nuh-uh baby. You both are having a happy home with me."

   "Do you have a choice?" I asked harshly getting weary of this discussion. She shook her head in disapproval. "Good, I'm staying." I stood up leaving the room.

    "I'd miss you." She spoke up just before I left. I don't even know when they'd be going but one thing was sure, I would miss them too.

   "I know." I left the room going to mine. I don't know why dad is doing what he thinks he's doing but he is really hurting his family. Well except me but mom and Kian, they are hurting real bad.

   I entered my room sighing as I leaned on the closed door. Staring right at me was Liv and on the bed, Bella. Wait what!!!!

I'd post next chapter later today
Enjoy
And please vote...it motivates