Chapter 12

"Remind me again why we are actually preparing for his arrival?" I asked Bella again sighing. We were baking pies and cookies. Mom had called us in this morning giving us different things to do, to set the mood for him.

    I didn't want to do this, dad loves pies and making them for him showed I liked him. Bella sighed placing the tray in the oven before removing her gloves.

   "I should be asking you. Do you guys always prepare all this?" I nodded not smiling. Those times were different because mom and Kian awaited a faithful and loving husband and dad. Not a divorcee.

    I asked mom after she shared the duties, why she still cared. According to her, we should not repay evil with evil, instead with love. It made absolutely no sense but I shrugged it off. Anything to take my mind of Liv.

    "How's it going?" Mom asked entering the kitchen smiling. Bella faked a smile as well but I couldn't, I just don't like this attitude. She was too good for her own good.

   "You mean the pie and cookies we are making for a man whore? Its almost ready." I pressed my lips in a thin line while Bella sighed again removing her smile.

    "Maddie..." I held my hand to her stopping her from saying anything. I wasn't ready for all these nonsense, not now.

    "Bel. I'd be in my room." I stated leaving the kitchen. I can't believe mom was actually doing things for that man, it was sickening and dumb.

   Why would she even consider it? Even if considered why did she implement it? Even if implemented why did she make me do it against my belief. Bella and the rest might love or manage but I can't, we never bake pies except when dad is coming home.

   And the cookies, Claire told mom that it was Mae's best sweet. Why would mom make dessert for a rival? I don't care what anyone says Mae is a home wrecker, and she doesn't deserve a welcome, but now she gets her favorite dessert.

    I sat on my sit taking my mind away from hurtful things I'd to that Mae and focusing it on my story. I was in an engrossed state when my name was yelled snapping me out of it.

   "Maddie! They are home!" Claire called from Kian's room, I guess. I groaned in displeasure before leaving to the living room where dad stood with a brunette.

   She looked young enough to be in her early thirties, with brown eyes and full lips. She was pretty, young and now I realised why dad wants to marry her. She had a wicked glint in her eyes behind that happy face. I saw right through her mainly because I have a thing for detesting, mischievous people.

   Dad smiled as I stood in front of them, he was 50 last month. Kian came down with a frown on his usual smiley face. Bella and Claire were in the kitchen finishing the desserts. The room was silent as we all stared at each other.

   "I'm bored, let's go eat." Mae whined looking innocent.

   "I'm sorry, right this way." Mom proposed wanting to lead her to the dining eagerly. What is wrong with this woman, the girl had indirectly insinuated we were boring.

    "Taking strangers to your dining now?" I asked mom calmly and she stopped, looking at me. I sighed looking back at Mae. "So, who's the today's catch?" I asked wanting to piss her off. She looked shocked but it transformed to a smirk.

   "This is the permanent catch." She flipped her hair, looking like a model. Focus Madd!

    "That must make you feel whole, doesn't it?" I sneered at this young woman. Her smirk turned upside down to a frown, before she smirked again.