Chapter 10

I laughed walking back home. I've been imagining different cases of Chloe meeting the real Liv. She wouldn't even believe that is her Levi.

    I didn't get to ask Liv if the body was empty before she used it. I don't know if spirits can posses one's body when alive or just when dead. It would be a tug of war between the actual soul and uncalled spirit.

    Though I wished it was some one alive, so one day, when Chloe sees him again. She'd end up embarrassing herself calling the poor guy Levi. And to think of the look she gets when he totally denies her.

    I reached home minutes to 6. It was quiet so I went straight to my room, it had the same quietness it did when I met Liv. I hope this time around no other stupid dead disgusting character meets me.

    Sitting on my reading chair, I concentrated on my novel. I always have this feeling of calmness and relaxation writing it. I wanted to continue writing but ended up revising and leading my dead victims to hell.

    Maybe Valak need to stay a day without killing anyone, not that he needs it cause he loves killing. I just don't want him addicted to blood shed, though I know he already is.

    I revised the whole story, I might have missed some dead characters who knows. I can't go reading it line by line, it would just bore life outta me.

    I finished by minutes past 9, I could hear voices downstairs so I left the dark room. Mom was making dinner with Claire. Bella was on her phone and Kian on the couch watching a movie.

    I was going to miss this family, my cousins solely exempted. I sat beside Kian ruffling his hair, he hates it so much I can't help loving it.

   "Dinner's ready every one." Claire called ending my eyes the misery of watching this high school romance TV show. I don't even know what Kian sees in them, he ought be watching something educational, oh, like wild life documentaries.

   We sat on the table in our usual manner. I was taught in school that talking while eating was bad, but guess what, mom addresses family issues then. She doesn't allow phones at table cause its bad table manners, but she initiates conversation. All the time!

   "So. How was today?" She doesn't always know what to say by the way.

   "Mine was great. I went lot of places with Claire, I had fun." Bella gushed excitedly smiling at her sister.

   "We sure did." Claire commented glancing at me with a smug look like it was a big deal.

   "Hun?" Mom asked looking at Kian. I was still quiet stuffing my mouth with food.

   "I had fun too. Susan's the best play date ever." He smiled looking into thin air like he was admiring the air. Mom looked at me and I half smiled shrugging.

   "C'mon baby. How was yours?" I took in a deep breath wanting to start when Claire beat me to it.

   "Useless as usual. Every day of her life precisely." Says stupid madam need 'em manners.

   "Yeah and that interests you why? Oh I know, cause mine is not as useless as yours." I calmly defended. She rolled her eyes while I smirked, this girl pisses me off. She doesn't know it, but she's my favorite cousin.

    "Calm down guys. Let's act like a family, you never know what would happen tommorow." I gulped staring at mom. She was asking about our day and trying to bring up a conversation even if she's not in the best mood, cause she'll miss this?

    Why didn't I figure early. This made her happy, having a family time at dinner with us. Claire and I had ruined a family moment I'm not sure would be there tommorow. I don't still know when they'll be leaving, but she doesn't too. It can be tommorow.

   I doubt dad would do this with me, I doubt she would do it with only Kian and my cousins if they decide to stay with her. I doubt she'd be happy having the last moment ruined.

   "Sorry mom. My day was pretty interesting. I met with this boy and Chloe, you know Chloe yes?" I asked and saw the look of surprise on all their faces. I didn't want to do this and yet they were making it harder.

   "Yeah. That crazy girl." Kian giggled and I nodded. Bella chuckled while mom smiled widely, she is happy.

   "So Chloe approached us with Karl, the boy next door. She began flirting with the boy I was with as usual, but guess what? It was a girl." I finished and they laughed, they all laughed. I beamed with amusement. Am I good or just the best?

   "And Chloe doesn't know?" Bella asked in between laughter.

   "She found out after kissing her. She want all eeew and pissed off." That was how I imagined Chloe finding out, after a sensual kiss. They laughed again and I chuckled.

    "You couldn't warn her??". Claire asked amused as well.

   "What's the fun there?" They laughed again. Dinner went on with everyone saying weird and funny encounters, I really laughed. I even choked on my water when Kian was talking about one of his funny moment.

   I looked at mom and she smiled at me with a  proud look. I hope she doesn't get use to this weird side of mine. We were the only ones aware of the divorce so she figured I did it, for her. Seeing everyone happy together was a first for me and I can't believe I was the sole reason why.

    My smile disappeared remembering the reason why I had started the funny dinner. I did not want mom to spoil dinner by saying it, but I can't live with it so freely. I looked at Kian as he laughed, he doesn't even know his parents are divorced.

    "I uhm...I'm tired. Goodnight." I smiled sadly standing to go. They all nodded laughing at one of Claire jokes. Mom looked at me with a creased brow, I heaved leaving to my room.

    I sat on my reading chair getting busy on my story. I was through with revision so I continued writing. My door opened and the lights went on. I turned my chair looking at mom while she sat on the bed.

    "Baby..."

    "Can't we tell them already? Its eating me." I interrupted looking at this stressed woman in my front.

   "Its eating me too. But I don't want them worrying about tommorow, let's stay happy while it lasts." Was she serious with me now?

   "Are you hearing yourself? Lets keep them in the dark because you don't want them to worry? How would Kian feel tommorow?" I asked standing up. "You need to tell him mom, especially while he still has time with me." I stated wisely. I was completely rational and wise.

    "Fine. Let's go talk to them." She gave up standing to leave.

   "Mom. You are strong, you always have been." I confessed and she smiled sadly leaving the room. We went back to the dinning table. They looked at us.

    "Mom got a divorce." I voiced plainly to get the atmosphere tensed and curious. Mom made her way into the full story and unto how I will get to live with my...step mom.

I don't really know what to say🤔
So hii
Keep reading, voting and commenting
Btw Maddie hasn't turned soft or nice yet, she talked about her day to make dinner remarkable for her mom...which it was.