Chapter 28

"Nice of you to murder my dad...hmm?"

"He's not dead. I barely gave him a concussion." He shrugged and entered inside while kicking my dad's arm away from his way.

"Oh you were aiming for a concussion? Sorry you don't swing sticks so well."

"I'm not here for this, if you don't mind."

"I do, as a matter of fact, mind. " The man stared at me, I stared back. "Cory." I spat hating the way his name sounded.

He didn't look pleased, giving me more satisfaction than I deserved.

"I'm your friend. You need to chill."

His audacity was actually starting to irk me. I need to chill?

I'm the one who needs to chill?!

I just watched a 'friend' walk in or more like interrupted by hitting my dad's head with a stick with the aim of giving him a concussion.

Yet I'm the one who needs to chill?

"Don't tell me to chill." That was all I could mutter without giving him the impression that that exact sentence was annoying as hell.

"My name is Cory and believe it or not, I'm here to help you. I..."

"I don't believe it. First off, you could have kindly walked in and ask to speak with me, not do this and tell me to chill! Secondly, I don't care what your name is. Who the hell are you?"

Cory turned to the door as voices approached my door. He turned to me and motioned for me to keep quiet by placing his finger to his lips.

Do I listen? No.

"Help! I'm being murdered!" I yelled with everything in me and immediately, the doors bursted open with two nurses who looked on alert.

The first one looked at Cory then my dad and the stick before yelling for security.

"I don't do well with instructions." I smiled cheekily and Cory only glared holes into my head. Within seconds, security and my family members rushed into my room.

And then I was surprised again.

"Cory?" Mom said in shock. She stared at him, then my dad, then me. "Cory." This time around, her tone was more relaxed yet still in confusion.

"You know him?" The security asked Mom and she nodded.

"Please, I'll handle it. He's not a threat."

"He sure looks like one." I said.

"Shut up." Claire barked at me in annoyance. "You just had to mess things up."

"Excuse you?" I frowned at the accusation. I was keeping my self safe from some 'friend' she and my mother happens to know.

"I'll handle it. Thank you." Mom politely dismissed the security man who nodded hesitantly. Cory rearranged his shirt and stared at me then slowly turned to my mom. He looked at her fondly and mom, right in my front, blushed.

What the hell was going on?

This guy had to be a little older than mom or even her age.

"What are you doing here?" Mom's voice came out softer than I imagined.

Cory turned to me, then back at Claire.

"I came to talk to her."

"Why?" Mom's quiet and a bit shaky tone didn't pass me by.

"Mommy, who's he?" Kian asked. Mom turned to Kian and smiled at the young curious boy. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Karl looking so sconfused.
Why was he here again?