Chapter 7

"You've been surprisingly gloomy, was it cause I left? I knew you love me but so much? I mean I do too and  Claire wanted my company and..." She ranted on while I blocked her out of my head. We were having family dinner and my mind was still preoccupied.

     After Liv left, minutes later mom came back with Kian who I forgot to pick, while Claire came later on with Bella. Kian even tried joking to make me laugh but I just smiled tightly.

    Does this mean someone out there is writing me as a character of a story like Liv? Was the person making me a writer too or what. I've never been so self conflicted like this before.

    "Maddie!!" Can't a girl be quiet for awhile? Mom sighed as I looked at her, why did she have to call my name in full, its not like it makes a difference.

   "Mom?" I asked as they all kept mute looking at me. Why did she need my attention, to stare back at me? I sighed as she didn't say anything. I continued picking my meal while diverting to my comfortable thoughts.

   "Madd!"

   "The hell!" I yelled staring at mom again.

   "What's got you so worked up?" She asked acting unbothered by my outburst. I hissed looking at my plate. "Baby." She called softly again but I kept admiring the food. I had been playing with it after loosing my appetite.

    "Nothing you should worry about." I dead panned smiling tightly at her. Dinner was uncomfortable as they all stared at me.

    "But we are..." I stood up heading to my room. Can't they understand that I didn't want to talk about it? How do I even start telling them my characters are real and dying. Either they take me to a mental institution or they persuade me to give up the writing. Neither sat well with me.

     I sat on my bed staring into darkness, my eyes were used to it as they glided over to my closed laptop. Liv might be right but I doubt anything was going to change.

    The door squeaked open slowly and  Kian came in. He smiled lightly sitting on the bed while keeping the space I loved.

    "Madd I'm not here to talk you into telling me anything." He began softly as I studied his face, he was sincere. "I just feel you need the company, if you don't mind." I nodded and he smiled at me relaxing on the head rest. It was quiet for 5 minutes with my head occupied.

    "Do you think stories are real?" He looked at me confused. "I mean, writing things that are actually happening somewhere." He was quiet obviously thinking.

   "I don't think they are, but I can believe if told. Its either a coincidence or a gift." He said thoughtfully staring at the darkness. I sighed looking towards the computer too. If anyone asked me such thing before having this knowledge, I would never believe it.

    It can never be coincidence, its just like having people's lives in your hands and he said coincidence? And for the gift? Who gets the gift of predicting people's living by just writing it down?

    It had no meaning, nothing was making sense at all. "And if it was neither?" I asked quietly still wanting to know what he thinks.

    "Then I won't believe it." He muttered looking at me. So he won't believe me? It can't be coincidence or a gift, it can't. Yeah I'm confused but my dumb brain wasn't processing anything.

    It was real, fine I get it I have people lives in my hands. But why? I can't start asking myself if its real because seeing Liv wasn't an imagination, seeing my initial wasn't too.

   Kian yawned and I looked him, he smiled boyishly.

   "Good night K. I loved the company." I smiled back and he nodded leaving the room. With all my exhaustion I slept off even before Bella came to bed. Kian was so matured for a 12 year old, he wasn't even a teen yet.

    I groaned as someone one shook me up roughly, I threw the hand off me opening my eyes. I shut it as the light rays penetrated unlovingly through.

   I squinted my eyes open again, it was much adapted now. I looked at the silhouette that woke me up like a lunatic, Claire. Claire? I sat up looking at her, what is she doing here?

    "Finally. You do take your time don't you?" She asked sighing.

    "Yep." I stated calmly popping the 'p'. The fact I'm not a morning person never let me throw a comeback smartly, so I go with one word answers till I get the hang of a new morning.

   "Blair wants to see you, at the dinner table." She was the only one that called my mom by her name. I nodded leaving the bed to the bathroom, it was still 7 in the morning.

    "Morning mom." I greeted joining her in the dining, I smiled sitting opposite her, every one was already sitted.

    "Morning baby." I sat at the other edge of the table. Our table was a six chairs sitting setting.

   "Okay aunty, every one is here." Bella began glancing slyly at me, I shrugged it off looking at my mom.

   "Yeah so uhm...uhm...like..." She bit her lip taking a deep breath, why was she this nervous. "Your dad is coming home soon." She paused smiling looking at our reaction, they were all smiling, except me. Its no big deal. "That's not all." She added sadly, what's with the mood swings?

    "Look mom, I got roughly woken up not to come play words and mood here. Just get it over with." I insisted feeling so irritated. I planned to meet with Liv, even if I don't know where, its not in the living room with the whole family.

   "Chill girl, you need 'em manners." Claire retorted hissing at me.

   "Says the one who wakes me up like a bag of potatoes at early hours."

   "That you are." She finished smiling at me.

    "Are you plain stupid or dumb? Bag of potatoes don't need manners, humans do. And you my lovely cousin aren't an exception." I wished I was good at sarcasm, that would have shut her up better.

    "Enough. Its too early for this." Sweet Bella chipped in sighing tiredly.

   "Its too early for everything we are doing here, and no one is complaining. So I suggest you leave a girl, to shut a fellow girl up." I fired at her. Waking up early to anything related to a family meeting especially waking up roughly, wasn't doing my mouth nor them justice.

    "Maddie its okay. I don't want any misunderstanding please." Mom pleaded quietly and I shrugged relaxing on my chair. "Dad is coming back with a pregnant friend." She kept quiet.

    "So?" Kian asked lightly before I could say the same thing, in a cuter way.

   "Oh baby, the friend is carrying his child." They gasped, all of them again except mom and I, of course.

   "Why are y'all surprised. You really bought the shit that he travels for business? For months?" I asked looking at all of them. I knew it wasn't just business even if I didn't expect him to come with his mistress.

    "What do you mean?" Kian asked confused.

   "What I mean is that you all are ignorant. I expected to hear he already has another family, yet she's still pregnant." I sighed, I know its too straight forward and might hurt mom's feelings but in my defence, I was asked and I replied truthfully.

   "Madd!" Bella yelled as they all gasped. Really now?

   "What? Let's be real here for once, avoid sugar coating. Dad goes to meetings and stays for months, comes back here for a week or two. Why would he spend more time there if it was just business. If you didn't notice, he always attends the meetings in the same place and never did he suggest taking us with him. And you are surprised he got someone pregnant?" I asked looking at their faces steadily.

   "You have a point Madd, but the thing here is why? Why bring her here?" Kian asked and I sighed.

   "To start up a family, you both are getting a step mom." Mom reasoned looking between me and Kian sadly. Didn't see that coming.

Vote
Comment
Keep reading...