Chapter 18

"Sorry, what?" I asked Mae who played with her beautiful nails. Its gorgeous and well, I took note. I always did.

     "I don't like you too, but for your dad?" What the fuck was she on? I always thought she was into drugs but on a broad daylight?

    "I fucking hate you and I'm not going anywhere. Call your goons to bundle me there for all I care." No way was I going that stupid.

    I was on my own, doing my thing. When a not-regular visitor entered my room requesting I follow her shop for her wedding dress. Yes she requested! I was not bundled to the basement today and well, I'm grateful. Not indebted.

     "You like making a fuss out of everything. All you have to do is look pretty or not, and follow me. Trust me, I don't want this." She sighed running her fingers over her hair.

    "Then you shouldn't get married! That simple." I smiled. It was a completely fake smile, I despised her!

     "We are on that page? Okay, I guess I'd have to call my 'goons'." She air quoted the 'goons'. Like I care.

    And true to her words, she did. I woke up to see myself in her car, with seat belt on and darky beside me in the backseat. Tally was in the passenger seat.

     "Where's the smelling one?"

     "He'd meet us there." Darky responded. Stupid stupid goons.

     We entered a shop selling lots of wedding gown. Mae ordered her goons to stay in the car while we went in.

     "You work here?" I asked in surprise as the girl turned. A small smile broke on her lips.

     "Yep" Julian said looking over at Mae who stood behind me. I rolled my eyes internally. I knew the question she wanted to ask, but I let Mae do the honor.

     "I'm Mae. Her stepmom." Mae decided to break the uncomfortable silence. "Can I get help selecting a gown?"

     "Yeah, my bad." Julian chuckled before following us to do the selection.

    The day was stressful, more than it should because, somehow, Mae could not get the 'right one'. Julian looked tired but just carried on and we went on till her shift was over.

    "Uhm. Shift's over. Lielle would take over." She looked at her wrist watch then us. Her eyes showed just how grateful she was.

    "Ugh. This gowns are tiring me. Hope Lielle's good enough?" Mae groaned heading to another aisle. These shop had beautiful gowns, I mean really pretty. I even suggested some, and they were not creepy pretty. But Mae felt they were either too glittery, too plain, unladylike, too milk coloured or too white. Come on!

     "Hey. Good evening." A girl walked up to us with a large smile. "I'm Lielle and I'd take over." She was friendly.

    "I need a gown that says a lot about me. In this whole damn shop can't I get something me-like?" Mae retorted at the smiling girl. She was still smiling. She had blue eyes which were pretty with a good height, 6 foot maybe.

    "I have three options. Right this way." I could tell Lielle liked her job a lot more than Julian. No surprise there.

     And to my greatest happiness, we found the gown. The right one and it actually does say a lot about Mae. We paid and after Mae exchanged numbers with Lielle, we left.

     "That Julian girl was a total waste of time. In not less than 3 minutes, I got a gown. But with Julian, we stayed her whole shift. Lielle should have come earlier." Mae rambled on to her goons, Smelly included.

    "So tommorow you'd go cake tasting?" Smelly asked eagerly. They were like her best friends of some sort.

    "No. I'd go check venue. Cake tasting would be with my husband." I could feel her smirk even if I could not see her face from the back seat. "You can come along Madd."

    "I'd pass."

    "You wore her out." Tally observed turning back to look at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

    "You're welcome." She turned to look at me with a sinster smile as the rest chuckled. Fuckers.

    I laid on my bed once we reached, releasing the breath I never knew I was holding.

   "Maddie." My eyes snapped open and settled on a scared Liv.

   "Hey. You alright?" I asked sitting up. She shook her head while fidgetting with her fingers.

    "No...Valak...Valak. He's out of control. He's killing people, actual people." I stared at her confused. "You need to kill him Madd. He wants to kill you." She muttered the last part.

    "How'd you know he's killing actual people?" I asked casually as though I was not concerned. I actually was a bit shaken.

    "News Maddie, you read news." Shit. I never know what to do with this demon. "That's not all, he's still giving out your initials." I hissed throwing my pillow at the wall in anger. I am a bit proud of him, but more angry.

    Why would he kill real people? And still with my initials. And how all these things started with a story just doesn't appease me. I am a fucking writer not some sorta villian

   Liv played with her dangling neck for a while, she looked conflicted. "Valak could still listen to you, but you have to try, " Like yeah I was gonna put myself out in the market.

   "How am I even supposed to get in contact with him?"

   "Honestly I'm not the best person to ask. Just, keep an eye out, " She paused. "You must know one thing, he wants to kill you."

   "Okay. I appreciate you telling me." An awkward silence enveloped us and I honestly wished she could leave me. I was uncomfortable.

    "He wants to kill you but he can't. Unless you let him. He's a thing out of your imagination. You still imagine, you can keep imagining things and that could be of help." Her rambling didn't help, not one bit.

   "You talk like you don't know he's no longer in character."

   "He isn't. But you created him, you can destroy him as well." 

   I wanted to look her in the eyes and laugh, but I didn't. She thinks these imagination shit is not enough to drive me crazy already.

   " I..." I stopped mid sentence as a piercing pain cut directly through my chest. I screamed and laid on the bed with my eyes closed tightly.

   I yelled again as a another stab followed on the right side of my abdomen.

     "Fuck!" I heard Liv curse and I forced my eyes open despite the pain and wished I didn't.

   Liv's dangling neck was being sliced open and soon it fell off rolling towards the bed. Her blood dripped on the carpet but that wasn't what terrrified me.

   Staring into her eyes, I couldn't see the Olivia I knew. Her pupils were bloodshot red while her cornea was a greenish colour.

   She looked disgusted at herself as she stared into the mirror. She yelled and looked at her right arm as my initials began forming.

    "Shit!" She cursed in pain squeezing her eyes shut. I was in pain too but staring at her just seemed to temporarily numb them.

   She turned to me but I couldn't say if she was looking at me or not. Her detached head lying on the foot of the bed had its eyes closed. And as the eyes opened and glared at me, I couldn't help the bile that forced its way out of my body and onto the head.

    Eeeewww.