win.

the day of the last match of volleyball came. almost everyone was present.

jongho had already manage to gain a decent amount of attention from other students due to his skills which jihae has yet to see. looks like she's finding out soon.

the players were huddled with their teams, discussing their final gameplay.

"watch out for that freshman. i've seen him play." the team captain advised. this was actually the first time he was warning them about a player so all of them listened. "but don't forget to have fun."

the players lined up and greeted each other.

a whistle blew, indicating the first serve from jongho's team.

they received it pretty well. both teams had a rally for a few seconds until one of the psychology members spiked it hard, earning them the first point.

it was their turn to serve. the same thing happened, no one was willing to drop the ball.

someone suddenly yelled "choi!" while tossing, meaning jongho was attacking.

as soon as the ball hit the freshman's palm, jihae could see it coming towards her so she prepared her stance.

what she didn't expect was how much impact the spike actually had. she didn't expect to fall on her back, as if something was heavy and fast was thrown at her.

she had a pretty stable form, and she learned a couple of tricks from jungkook about digging powerful attacks. that's why her teammates, her friends, and even her brother was shocked at how she couldn't control that.

"you okay, jeon?" a teammate asked, extended his hand to help her up.

she was still seated on the ground with her head hanging low so people began to worry. "jihae?" the crowd was already making a fuss and the other team became curious as well.

opposite to their reactions, the girl simply stifled out a laughter and looked up. "i'll get it next time."

"oh, dear. there she is." yunho sighed, resulting to his schoolmates asking him what he means.

"that laugh basically means she's going to play for real." wooyoung explains for him.

san stared at him with brows knitted together. "she wasn't playing for real against us?"

"because she didn't need to. sanshine, let's be honest. culinary volleyball team wasn't the best." the silver haired squished his boyfriend's cheeks. "you were the one who made it work."

"so, what? she'll be jungkook 2.0?" yeosang asked, not meaning to sound rude but that's just his tone.

"not at all." the computers science major denied. "she'll just be jihae."

"and that means?" mingi questions, not getting the idea.

the sound of a whistle was heard, and it was time for the next serve.

"look."

the ball went over the net and the psychology team receives it. the libero passes it to jihae for a toss, but she had other plans.