new friend.

"jihae, what do yo-"

"oh, that guy with the blue long sleeve! come on up."

the sophomore smiled widely in success, but what she didn't see coming was seonghwa pulling her up with him, with force.

"seonghwa, you go up there." she insisted, trying to get him off.

"you dug this hole for us. we're going down together." the boy claimed almost as if he was so sure. "and don't use the you can't sing excuse. you're a jeon. you guys are good at everything."

she tried to make him let go but was of no use.

they made it up the stage with four boys smiling. "looks like we have a couple performing, folks!"

one of the members noticed a familiar face. "seonghwa?"

"hey." he acknowledged minsoo with a nod.

"so what are you two love birds gonna sing?" wyld, another member, asked on the mic.

the sophomore and junior looked at each other, jihae telling him with her eyes to say a song title for she was too star strucked to speak.

"dream by baekhyun and suzy." was the first song that came to his head, and the girl sighed in relief as she knew the song.

"what a lovely song! the stage is yours." the members announced and that made the two gulp.

they positioned themselves behind the mic stand, as the group stepped aside. they saw expectant faces and held the mic as the music played.

seonghwa started singing passionately and jihae immediately felt like her ears were blessed.
"you are beautiful just as you were yesterday
no, you're more beautiful than you were yesterday
when i say something like this, you always
change subjects pretending you didn't hear anything."
he temporarily finished.

she sang the female part which earned claps here and there.
"i had really sweet dreams yesterday
i don't wanna tell you now
because I'm too shy, and also it's known
not very good to tell someone this kind of thing."

she looked at the boy fondly with brightened eyes before moving onto the chorus.
"dream that i can never have again
that was really sweet
i think you are just like the dream."

seonghwa smiled ever so softly as he continued the second part.
"dream that i get to keep thinking
about all day, that was really sweet
that's you..."

once they were done, cheers and yells were heard from every direction. "what a splendid way to end the day!" the emcee said. they thanked everyone and went down the stage.

"i can't believe i just sang in front of MAYHEM." jihae stated, her mouth agape and eyes wide.

"i can't believe i sang in front of a crowd." seonghwa claimed with almost the same reaction.

the girl scoffed. "what do you mean? you did great! plus, you're studying cinematography. you need an audience." she said with an all-knowing face.