late.

"looks like you had fun." her older sister smirked.

"well, wasn't that the point why i got out the house?" she nonchalantly replied.

"well, what was so interesting about today that you're literally smiling ear to ear?" soyeon asks in a teasing tone.

"i got to see MAYHEM. they were so beautiful up close." she fangirled, reminiscing the moments with the boys a while ago.

the elder's face suddenly turned to a surprised one. "what?! how could you see MAYHEM without me?" she whined.

"i even got to sing in front of them." jihae bragged, while soyeon sulked, making her laugh. "how 'bout you? what happened to hongjoong?"

her sister's eyes suddenly light up and a grin made its way to her face.

"i got his number."

"woah, that was fast." the youngest chuckled. "you? asking for a guy's number? how lucky can he be?" she teased.

soyeon was always known to reject boys. not in a mean way, but the people who'd confess to her would always end up embarrassed. they'd tell her how they feel and she'd always reply with something along the lines of, "i'm sorry. i don't think i know you that well."
there was even a rumor going on that she was a lesbian dating dahyun. of course, jungkook and the others quickly shut them down.

"hey, i really like him, okay?" soyeon pouted as she lightly shoved her sister away, who just laughed.

"and you? did he ask for your number?" the older sister asks, referring to seonghwa.

jihae, unlike her sister, didn't have the guts to reject them. she would say thank you and go on a few dates with the person. sooner or later, if they didn't click that well, she'll tell them, "this was nice. maybe we can do this again as friends?"

the person would get the hint, feel upset and leave, which made jihae sad since she actually wanted to be friends. this is one of the reasons why she's so open about hanging out with new people.

"surprisingly, he didn't. he just said, see you around." she said proudly.

"well, that's a first."

"sure is. he was also really kind and respectful. he didn't make me feel uncomfortable the whole time! and he sang with me on stage which, by the way, amazed me to the max. his voice was so soft, but there are times when it suddenly goes deep."

soyeon laughed at the younger's behavior. "looks like you found
your soulmate."

jihae rolled her eyes playfully. "as if." but deep down, though she might
not knowing it herself, she really wished she did.

°

it was dinner and jungkook still wasn't around.

"does anyone know when jungkook will be home?" their dad asks, quite irritated.

"he said he'd be home before eight. let's wait a bit." mrs. jeon tried calming him down, and it worked.

they ate peacefully and finished their meals without their brother.

soon, it was bedtime. still, jungkook wasn't around and the girls were getting worried.