out.

a/n: this chapter is rather lengthy.

jihae woke up from her surprisingly sweet slumber. the rain was no longer there but the roads were still visibly wet. she stretched her arms and hoped off seonghwa's bed.

she went out of the room to check if the boy was still sleeping, only to find him cooking in the kitchen.

the junior heard footsteps from behind and automatically grinned. "good morning, ji."

"morning, hwa." even though he was only wearing his pajamas paired with his messy hair, he still looked as good as ever. jihae's brain suddenly thought of how it will be like to wake up to this every morning. the boy cooking was simply perfect.

it wasn't any different for seonghwa. he obviously felt something for the sophomore. he found the way his sweatshirt being too big for her adorable. her shorts weren't helping him as well.

"you should have called me to help." the girl yawned.

"i was going to wake you up after. look. it's already done." he said,
trying to show her the bacon
on the frying pan.

the food was served, but it was cut with a ringtone from jihae's phone.

she internally groaned but answered it anyway.

"hello?"

"jihae, hey how's your morning?" soyeon tried to sound cheerful.

the sophomore could tell she
was hiding something. "fine. so, what's up?"

she could hear her sister sigh in disappointment. "despite being worried for you all night, our
darling brother over slept so he
can't pick you up."

jihae frowned, knowing where
this was going.

"can you take a cab?"

"yeah, i have extra cash. don't worry." she tried to sound unbothered.

"sorry, jihae."

"no, it's fine. i'll go now. i wouldn't want to be home any later." she laughed, hoping to ease their moods.

"okay. be safe, and tell seonghwa i
said hi!" she cheerfully hung up.

noticing the shift from her previous mood, seonghwa asked her what's wrong.

the girl explained the situation, making the junior offer a ride (again) since he was going somewhere.

"i could also drop you off the cafe if that's still the same place your meeting up with your group?"

"yep!" the girl beamed. "thank you, thank you, thank you so much, hwa!"

they finished their breakfast, and the boy went and dressed himself up.

jihae wore her uniform again, not wanting an interrogation from her family and gathered her things.

once both were prepared, they drove to the jeon's house.

upon arriving, the family was relieved as they saw their youngest member enter the house.