Man why her legs so pale and ashy today and is it just me or she smells like mayo.

I smirk and turn to my right I have to ask Ava if she remembers writing this, but my eyes land on an afro haired boy whose eyes are glued to the board. “She's gone remember.” I think myself and my stomach dips into its self. She used to sit right next to me with her hair in a messy bun and a pen in the corner of her mouth. Sucking and teething on it like a baby. She would slouch in her seat or have her chin rest on her hand bored out of her mind.

I touch her insulting words and turn the pages again. Doodles of stick figures and flowers run of a few of my pages. Obviously drawn by Ava. She never paid any attention in Math.
My heart aches for her laugher for her to doodle in my pages, for her to write mean messages about the teacher. I need her here to complete me.

A loud knock stops Mrs Ruth from explaining the work. She walks over in her tight black pencil skirt and opens the door. She stands there for minute talks lowly to whoever holds her attention.

“Uh, Jake” she turns to look back at the class. “Could you please come here for a second?"

The chair screaks and Jake's patter of footsteps make their way to the front of the class. I didn't even notice him when he got into the class. Not surprised though. His hidden under a black oversized hoodie with red gym shorts and black sliders covering his toes with white socks.

Mrs Ruth grabs hold onto his arm and whispers something to him. She gently pushes him out of the class and shuts the door.
“Okay, let's go on,” she goes back to the bored and sighs.

A soft pat on my shoulder causes me to turn to Skyler. She slides her textbook to the edge of her desk. Her handwriting sits just at the side of the page with letters looping onto each other.

What do you think that was about? It reads.

I look above, Mrs Ruth is still facing the board at this point she's teaching herself. I quickly scribble back idk have you been talking to Jake thou?

“Okay does everyone understand now?” Mrs Ruth faces the class.
Skyler covers the words with her forearm.

“Yes, ma'am,” everyone else says. Mrs Ruth winged eyes glare at me, “do you ladies understand?"
I nod my head lying my ass off. Ameria is going to have to help me out with this work.

She turns back to the board using her left hand to go on jotting on it. Skyler quickly writes again on her book and passes it towards me.

No, I haven't spoken to him since the funer-

“Look I said I was there just to take a walk my story isn't going to change!” Jake's voice travels through the door causing hairs on my body to stand tall.

Skyler's wide eyes face mine. Mrs Ruth freezes in her spot with her one arm stuck to the board and the other planted on her hip.

“We just want to make sure you didn't see anything else.” Now Detective's Adams deep voice makes its appearance.
“You've told me that last week. You think I killed her!” Jake's livid tone goes on bombing through the class walls.

Sweat builds up at the back of my neck. Skyler abruptly places her hand onto my forearm squeezing it until her knuckles turn pale. Afro haired boy is stuck with a slouched back and his arms glued on to the desk. The thick silence seems to have everyone at a standstill. No pages are being flipped, no one dares to speak. Only heavy puff of breathing travels through the door. Is Jake getting that worked out over a question?

Detective Adams can't think he had anything to do with Ava's death? But he did ask a good question. What was he doing in the woods anyway? The same woods where bodies supposedly go missing. Who takes a walk during midnight in the woods anyway?