The flashback PT2

"Ava wait up, come back inside whatever is going between you and Ameria can be solved." I trip over my untied shoelace. That slows me down from chasing her, I quickly bend down and tuck my shoelaces in my shoes there is no time to tie them. From this distance it looks like she is going quiet far. It's late in the night the moon is not even visible who knows what or who could be out there. Okay the marijuana is making me a little paranoid, but the main point here is her safety.

I catch up to her fast paced steps that stomp the ground with intense anger. It is as if she is the hulk walking around. "You seriously followed me?" she turns to face me with her tear filled face. "Uh yeah I can't just let you go out like this especially this late. Lets go back to Jake's I grab her arm."

"Let go off me", she yanks her arm back. "You can go back, but I will not, I am done with this party, I am done with Ameria. I can't believe she would think I was sleeping with AJ out of all people. Eww". She shrieks which makes me laugh. She stereotypically sounds like those blond girls from those chick flick movies. "This isn't funny", her eyes glare at me.

"Sorry", I whisper we go on walking to where I don't quite know, not all the street lights work in this neighbourhood which is weird. This the rich side of Willow ridge you would expect everything to be spot on but it isn't. Passing some unfamiliar homes, some lit with their own lights others dark and leaving my mind to imagine the worst. Trust me, I am not afraid of the dark I am afraid of what could be lurking in the dark. Who could be watching us right now.

"ugh shut up!" I yell mistakenly
"Uh okay," Ava stops in her tracks.
"Sorry my mind is going from zero to hundred real quick."
"What are you thinking about?"
"I don't know", I lie. I do know I don't think this the right time to share my thoughts.

"Okay you'll share when you ready", she continues walking I want to ask where are we going. My thoughts still can not seem to find comfort in the dark. "Someone is watching us" my thoughts whisper I look behind us, there is still nothing but darkness. I look over at Ava she still in her feelings, rightfully so. Maybe we are going to turn back soon.

"Someone is watching you" my thoughts again whisper and
this time goose bumps form quickly. Please stupid brain shut up. This is not the moment to be in panic mode.

Ava abruptly stops walking. Right at a bushy area where no house stands she sits at the grass and covers her face with her hands. Her body jerks, she stifles her cries, but I can hear her pain, I sit next to her. I force her head on my shoulder, then I snake my hand to her lower back and slowly rub it. I do not know the full story of what happened between her and Ameria, maybe if I did I would have the magic words to say something.

"You know I hate being alive right now", her voices breaks with every word. "Everything is falling apart, my parents are fighting, for god knows what, I'm failing English. Mr Bavis is such a fucking perv too. Ameria Hates me, Jake oh my gosh Jake", she chokes on her words and breaks down even more. Her jolting translates to my body and I move slightly with her as she cries.

"I want to disappear", she stops leaning on my shoulders, snot and tears drip down to her chin and sit there. "I do not ever want to come back, I hate it here. I can't seem to catch a break. There is always some problem and for some reason I have to solve it.
And why am I the one always in the wrong when I try to solve it!" she screams and hits the ground with her fist. "Fuck it. Why am I carrying the world on my shoulders? I feel so burdened!" She brings her knees to her chest and crosses her arms over her knees. Ava buries her head into her little turtle shell she has made. Hiding away from the world. And I watch her in awe.

I thought I knew everything about Ava, after all this is my best friend, but I do not. How long has she been feeling like a burden? How can she walk in with a smile and joke around while carrying emotions that probably weigh as big as a mountain? There is a huge part of Ava I clearly do not know. Why didn't she tell me she felt this way. I can't be in my thoughts right now so I move on closer to her and hold her. Why doesn't she feel safe to open up to me?

Ava goes on sniffing and coughing occasionally in her shield. I think It has been ten minutes and she hasn't faced me yet. However long she needs to be away from this earth is however long I will sit here. From a distance a bright light shines. It's looks to be a car with a screeching noise as it approaches us closer. The light gets brighter to the point where I even hide my face, just for a second. The screeching gets louder, its hard to ignore.

"What the hell is that?" Ava asks. The car stops right in front of us, Ava gets up from the grass so do I. "Better not be the cops she whispers." but it can't be. Why would a cop be driving a red Yaris with a broken bumper. The door swings open a foul smell with and febreze travels up my nose.

"Mr Bavis?" Ava Gasps and begins to run. "Nora Run!" she looks back at me while she is already far onto the road.
My heart paces and just as I am about to make a run for it he grabs my arm.
"Where do you think you are going?" He smiles revealing cavities.
"let go of me!" I scream "someone help-"

His callus hand covers my mouth and that funky scent nearly kills me. He grabs my other arm. Now he holds two of my arms and opens the door. I scream, and a rush of tears pour down my face.

I am going to die.

"I am going to die." I scream but it's muffled. He yanks me into his car while I begin to kick.
"Help me!" I scream and the tears land on his dry hands. Thrown into the car my body lands on a couple of ice cold cans and bottles. Just as his about to get in the car I sit up and reach for the door, but when I try to open it, it locks. How did he get into the car so quickly. I press the window button, but it's locked too.

"HELP ME!"

"HELP!"

"SOMEONE HELP ME" my throat burns

"OH fucking shut up!"
"NO ONE IS COMING TO SAVE YOU!

I bring my hands to the widows "please help me!" I bang over and over again.
Mr Bavis begins to drive the screeching begins again.
This is it this is my death.
"NO!" I bang the window one last time. I can't die, there is too much life in me.
I lean on the window.
"You finally quiet”
with a sinister laugh he starts driving even faster.
Mr Bavis is such a perv Ava's words echo in my mind over and over again.

A PERV? His more than that.

"There she is" he laughs even louder and grabs his open beer and quickly gulps it down. "Do not worry you won't be alone anymore", he goes on laughing maliciously.

The car doesn't slow down instead it goes faster. I am sucked back into my seat

"AVA!" my river of tears flow to the side of my face.

There is nothing but a blurry landscape in front of me. Until we stop abruptly with a jolt that launches me forward
Causing me to hit my head "Ow!" I lean back immeditently

Mr Bavis's door swings open and, he goes out of the car with his hair all over the place, as if he has been electrocuted Now this is my chance I jump to the front of the seat and rush out the door

On the ground with half of her body under the car lays Ava. She tries her best to push her body forward but it seems the broken bumper is laying across her waist

This can not be real.