Chapter 25

I know what I am doing might seem a little crazy but I can't be stopped at this point. It's the middle of the night, an owl hoots and I tighten the drawstrings of my black hoodie. After that dream or memory, whatever it was I have to go to the police station right now. I have to talk to detective Adams. The images of Mr Bavis still spin around in my mind. A huge part of me is out of this planet. How can this be my reality? He took away her life, he abused his power and now his trying to do it again with Skyler?

I unlock the front door and close it gently right behind me, I begin to run. My lungs and legs burn from my lack of activity from actually running. I can not let it stop me, but this is not the movies. So I run my footsteps patter, later I am panting. Yep running is not for me. Mazin has to get up.

“Hello”, he groggy answers his phone.

“Hey it's me” I take a deep breathe before going on.

“I know it's late but its an emergency”, I rest my hands on my knees.

“Uh where are you, what is going on?" I can hear Mazin shift around in his bed.

“Still in my neighbourhood but I need to go to the police station,” this time I hear a door bang shut

“okay cool I am on my way”, he yawns.

Mazin's car pulls up and in I go in. I buckle up and he begins to drive. Without asking questions his too quiet probably tired. At this point I am the annoying friend. “Sorry for waking you up” I say softly.
“It's fine, why we going to the station anyways what's up?”
“Mr Bavis he definitely has something to do with Ava's death honestly think he is... you know”
“Yeah I know”, his one hand tiredly drives while the other sits on his thigh. “Get the man into jail”, he finally says.

Even though Mazin drives way slower than usual we make it. He parks into the fairly empty parking lot. You need me to come in with you?

“No but can you maybe drop me off?" I scratch the back of my head

“Yes”, he reclines his seat please take your time” he sheepishly chuckles. “Sorry, but you woke me up at the best part of my dream. I was getting married to Nia Long.”
“Oh wow celebrity crush?” I smirk
“Maybe he says now go away let me sleep.” I close the door. In my slippers and plain black hoodie I walk all the way to the entrance. A policewoman with braids tied neatly in a high bun eyes me up and down.
“Not again”, she sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose “These kids really need to stop taking them drugs.”

“I'm not high or anything. I want to see detective Adams my name is Nora-”

“Grey”, she completes the sentence for me. “Soon as I heard detective Adams name I connected the dots. Listen your here way to early he comes in at 6PM.”
Can't you call him and say it's an emergency? I plead this is a matter of urgency.
“Uh no, do I look like want to deal with him now at this time?” She looks at her wrist, checking out her watch.
“Well then I guess I will wait." And that's what I do. I walk back into Mazin's car, his eyes are shut tight and his hands are tucked under his armpits.

When the sun slowly rises and Mazin opens up the windows, I look directly at my phone its 6:45 he must be here.
I rush in the station again and this time the lady with the braids is not the one standing behind the desk but its a man with a stash and hair that's balding

“Hi”, his eyebrows knit up. His eyes travel down to my  slippers.
“I want to see detective Adams it's an emergency.”
“You must be Nora?”
“Yes” I reply quickly
“Alright wait here I'll go get him for you. I guess being close with the deceased in this case has it's benefits."

Adams walks in this time for the very first time his wearing a dark brown coat.
“Did you just wake up?" He asks with concern lacing his tone. I chuckle, “I remember something from that night” I?Immediately his eyebrows raise. Go on he takes out his notebook. I tell him everything from the bizarre look that Mr Bavis gave Ava and I to the way he smelled that night. To even the intense fear that I felt that night. It almost takes back to that night, the hairs on my neck stand and a breeze slides up my spine.
This is almost unreal, a part of me is out of my body floating around trying to make sense of all of this.