25 - Scared

The walk back to the campsite was a tense and quiet one. The air was so chock-full of it I felt like I couldn't breathe, so I finally gave in.

"I'm sorry" I say slowly and quietly, looking away from him, the sound of feet crunch on the pine needles on the forest floor taking up the silence.

"Don't apologise, just be happy, alright?" He says, tightening his hand around mine slightly. I nod, knowing that I will probably never be truly happy.

I've done so many terrible things, not to mention what I put Katsuki through. Unless a miracle happens, I won't be truly happy for a long, long, time.

We arrive at the camp, I slowly let go of his hand, not really wanting to say goodbye. He does the same and starts walking towards his cabin, I look over at him, his messed up hair making me smile a little.

I catch up to him, wrapping my arms around his torso from the back, my nose pressed into his back slightly. "Thank you.... For today" I say into his muscles, feeling him relax slightly.

I hear him give a gruff "mhm" before he loosens himself from my grip and enters his cabin where his sleeping bag waits.

I watch him go, slightly jealous that his past is brighter than mine. Glancing up at the stars, I trace out a few constellations with my finger before heading back to bed.

Closing the door to the cabin behind me, I turn around to a very much awake Uraraka, grinning ear to ear. She scooted her sleeping bag closer to me as I wiggled into mine.

"Oh my gosh Y/N, did you sneak out to be with Katsuki?" She quickly whispers, wanting to know the tea. "Not intentionally, but yeah" I reply, getting comfortable.

"Did you guys kiss under the moonlight? Or did you carve your names into a tree? Oh, oh, I know, you guys did the dirty in the woods, huh?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows at the end.

I smile, finding her voice to be calming "We didn't do any of that, we just..." I paused, searching for a word that wasn't argued.

"We just talked, sorted things out" I finish, laying my head down on my not so soft pillow. "Oh, that's good, well, goodnight" Uraraka whispers back as she lays back down.

The moment her head hit the pillow, she was out cold. It amazed me how quickly other people fell asleep, must be nice. I close my eyes and picture the one thing that truly makes me calm.

I picture Katsuki smiling, and the more I picture, the more I feel my consciousness slip away. Letting the ocean of nightmares and dreams consume me for the time being.

I woke up to the blinding sun directly in my eyes. Instinctively, I covered my face with my arm, hearing the perky voice of one of the pussycat girls.

"Rise and shine! Today we have something extra special planned" she says, practically beaming. "Oooo, do we get to finally get manicures and go soak in a spa?" Mins asks quickly.

"Sadly no, today we are going to start out with a few hours of training, then dinner, then there's a test, so you all better be prepared!" She chirps happily, leaving us to get dressed.

A test, huh? I wonder what it'll be... I slip on my UA workout outfit and put my hair back, all the while going over last night, or should I say early this morning.

"Alrighty Y/N, let's get out there and kick some butt!" Uraraka shouts right by my ear, making me jump slightly. " Let's do it" I agree, walking out to my training spot with her.

Once we get to the clearing, I close my eyes, focusing on the area around me. I could feel the animals, people and even the insects. All minding they're own business.

Reaching out, I quickly take control of two rabbits, making them hop out of the bushes and come up to Uraraka and I. Once they come into view, I open my eyes, seeing a brown and white bunny waiting patiently for orders.

"I still can't believe you can do this" she says absentmindedly as she pets the rabbit. "Well, it'll definitely be helpful once I'm a hero" I say, stretching my arms.

"I could probably just take them over and make them surrender so that there's no fighting or violence" I continue, realizing how useful this is.

"You might jump up to the top 10 ranks then, normally the most powerful or charismatic hero is in the top three. If you can take down enemies without destroying the city, that'll gain you some respect" Uraraka says, breaking it down.

"Yeah, your right.." I mumble as she picks up the bunny from the ground with her quirk. The rest of the day we spent training, I figured out how to make the bunny's ears move on command.

Uraraka on the other hand didn't make any progress, but she was still as cheerful as ever. The Pussycats finally called us to come and make dinner.

I walked over to the cooking area with Uraraka, my stomach grumbling intensely. "Wow, you sound starving" Uraraka says as we sit down to peel potatoes.

"Yeah, my quirk drains me of my energy and has a big toll on my hunger, I could eat anything right about now.." I reply, pealing potatoes absentmindedly.

"You shoulve brought some snacks then" "We can't have snacks while training, it's against the rules" I reply, tossing the peeled potato in a basket and grabbing another potato to peel.

"Since when did you follow the rules?" She asks in a sassy tone. "Yeah, your right" I mumble, glancing over at Katsuki while I peel.

He was looking around, looking for someone one, when he finds my eyes, he smiles, giving a small wave towards me. I wave back, suddenly feeling a sharp pain on my thumb.

"Ow!" I gasp, dropping the peeler, I look at my thumb, a cut running down the underside of it. I place the potato into a bowl, looking at my thumb.

"Hey Uraraka, I'll be right back ok?" I say, getting up. "Ok, go find a bandaid for that cut while your at it" she says as she peels.

I nod and walk into the main cabin, going to the first aid on the wall near the door, I open it and grab a bandaid, placing it over my cut and pushing the adhesive spots on.

I look at it, satisfied and go back out to my potato station. After about 20 minutes we have all the potatoes peeled and give them to another group of people who mash them.

By the time we were done helping that group mash potatoes and cook them, the sun was beginning to set. Everyone sat down at the dining table, loading up their plates with today's dinner. Porkchops, mashed potatoes, carrots and peas.

I poured generous amounts of food on my plate, soon after shoving food into my mouth and down my throat. I smiled, happy to feel my hunger slowly dissipating.

After eating like a literal farm animal, I turn towards Uraraka, giving her a happy thumbs up. She smiles back at me, although someone clearing their throat breaks the moment.

I turn towards the group of pussycats, they look very serious. "Listen up, today we are giving you a test; a test that might be fun for some... Or terrifying for others."

Various students glanced at each other, unsure about what this test would be. After a few hushed whsipers, the girls demand our attention once more.

"Tonight we will be doing a test of courage, the game will take place in the forest with both classes having an opportunity to be the scarers and scarees; Class 1-B will the scarers and Class 1-A the scarees. Class 1-B must scare as many students as possible to win while Class 1-A must find cards with their names on it to prove that they went into the forest. Classes will exchange turns after fifteen minutes and the game will begin again with Class 1-A being the scarers and Class 1-B being the scarees. The class that scared more students than the other class will be the winner." She explains, pausing at the end.

My eyes widen slightly "What kind of test IS this?"