9 - Sushi

It's the big day for the UA sports festival, I couldn't help but be excited. I had trained for this day for two whole weeks.

The whole bus ride here, I was shaking from anticipation. I had to blare chill lofi in order to soothe my nerves.

Honestly, even though I was psyched for the festival, my mind was still lingering over last night. Lingering over him. The kiss cut short, the way his voice got soft when he talked to me, and the way his lips felt on mine.

I blushed slightly, remembering the encounter. The feeling of it all was honestly more powerful than his words, real or over text.

Well, they say actions speek the loudest, I guess they're right I think to myself as I stretched in the corner.

Doing mainly leg stretches, because I felt like I'd do alot of running today. I didn't really know why I thought that, I guess it was just my intuition.

Katsuki and I talked like normal, even though we were secretly dating. He was right, announcing the sly chick and hotheaded dude got together would definitely create some drama.

Unlike last night, today he was completely focused, determined to get first. I decided to not bug him for now, he'd probably burst out yelling if I did.

"Good luck Y/N!" Uraraka told me with a thumbs up and a huge grin. "Thanks, you too" I said with a smile.

We began walking out into the arena, the crowd going wild once they saw all the students.

"This crowds making me kinda nervous" Uraraka said, looking at the immense size of the crowd in awe.

No shit, a crowd of this size has the right to make anyone nervous I think to myself, getting goosebumps from all the eyes on us.

"Same here, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it, what do you think Bakugou?" Kirishima said, looking over at him.

"The more people here, means the more that'll see me win" he states with a smirk. "Not if I win and bump you down to second" I say with a smirk of my own.

His head whips back upon hearing my comment. "Stay out of my way shitstain, that medal is mine" he said sternly, his crimson eyes flashing in the light, jerking his thumb at himself, emphasis on MINE.

Damn, someone's riled up I think to myself, walking with the others.

We all gathered into a large mass of students, the speech part started off with Katsuki's oh-so- motivational speech.

I honestly couldn't keep myself from bursting out laughing afterwards, which was pretty awkward because the entire stadium was quiet. My laughs echoing off the walls.

After my interruption, two pro heroes explained the instructions to the obstacle course which was the first phase. One of which was Midnight, searching the crowd, she found me and gave me a wink.

Denki and Mineta freaked out behind me, thinking she winked at them. "Did you see that dude? She totally winked at me!" Denki said, grinning big.

"No way man, a girl like her would be into me" Mineta said, touching his hair as if to confirm it.

I smiled back at her, happy she was cheering me on. I can do this, for my mom, for midnight, for big sis, and for myself. I hype myself up as we gather in front of the big gates.

Immediately, I sprinted into the corridor, feeling the air go slightly cold, I realize todoroki was trying to freeze some of the students.

Grabbing someone's shoulder, I pull myself off of the ground, pushing myself into the air and  past the iced area. Landing on my feet, I don't stop.