7 - Last Day

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇Bakugou's POV▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

"Get. Away." She said, sending daggers towards me with her eyes. Good I got her attention I think to myself, continuing to press her buttons.

"What's wrong jackass?" I taunt her, getting in her face as well, I could feel her slow breaths hot on my face."Hmm? What was that? Did you say -your right Bakugou-?" I lean forward, saying the words in her ear, my voice similar to gravel.

"It's... It's.." she stutters, looking at her feet, a tear rolling down her cheek. I turn my head slightly, seeing the tear. "None of your damn business!" She screams, shoving me away from her, her chest rising and falling quickly.

"Like hell it is, I'm your damn mentor you twerp, tell me what the fuck is up with you! Why won't you give me your all?" I ask, shoving a finger between her collarbones accusingly.

Tears begin silently making their way down her cheeks, I put my index finger under her chin gently, tilting her head up towards me. Her hair was a mess, her face was red, she had a tear-streaked face, a runny nose and didn't even bother to wear makeup.

So why do I spend my time on her? Why do I feel the need to protect her? I question myself as I move a strand of hair out of her face, looking back into her eyes.

"Tell me why your afraid" I say not as harshly, walking her over to the nearby bench and sitting her down next to me. Taking a deep breath, she tells me everything.

About what her father did, about how she resisted that one night and how nobody was there to save her, not once. She didn't have a hero to stop the night terrors, whether they were in her head while she slept or in her bed while she cried.

I kept a calm demeanor, nodding every once in a while when she looked to me for approval. Once she was done, we sat in silence for a bit, watching the sun rise and the cherry blossoms fall gently in the breeze.

"Your stronger than this." I began, grabbing her attention. She turned to me, unsure what I meant.

"Your stronger than that fear of yours. Your father was fucking insane, and you have more proof than anybody of that. He deserved everything he had coming for him, that sick fuck. But you know what?" I asked, turning towards her.

She tilted her head slightly, egging me on. "Your different, Y/N. Different from him in a million and one ways, even on your worst day you wouldn't even be in the same ballpark to compare yourself with that scum. Your quirk might be the strongest one I know of other than me. If that comes with childhood trauma, so be it.

"Because you can't change the past, no matter how hard you try. So instead of living in HIS shadow?" I say, beginning to raise my voice, aggressively pointing at an imaginary image of her dad.

"Make your own legacy, make your own life without him. He won't hurt you ever again, your free." I conclude, looking back at her.

Her eyes were wide, processing everything I had just said, turning away from her I check my phone, it was 9:30. We still had a few more hours of training if she won't break down again.

Standing up, I stretch my legs, looking towards the sun, the wind blowing my already frizzy hair. "So, are you gonna be a little bitch, or conquer your fear?" I ask her.

I heard her shuffle slightly on the bench, then stand up. "I'll do it" she says, taking a step toward me. "I'll conquer my fear" she repeats, I turn around, smirking at her. "Then let the training begin" I say, explosions crackling in my hands.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇Asuna's POV▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

"Your free" He finishes, looking back towards me. He's right, I can do that, my father is long gone, he won't be able to hurt me ever again. I'll get stronger in spite of him and to reward myself.