14 - "Pole Exercises"

A loud beeping noise woke me up from my deep slumber, I groaned, grabbing my phone and turning my alarm off. Hopping out of bed I use the restroom, brushed my teeth etc.

Slipping on my outfit from yesterday, I grab my backpack with all my other things as well as my phone and keycard.

Before I left the hotel I got a cup of water, drinking it slowly as I scrolled through the news on my phone. One article title stood out to me, I clicked on it, curious.

The dangerous villian known as Shard has been apprehended

Attached to the article title was an article describing his capture and a picture of him.

It's the guy from the bathroom mirror I think to myself, getting goosebumps. Finishing my water, I out my phone away.

Deciding to take the stairs, I bounce down them towards the ground floor. "So many damn stairs..." I mutter to myself.

Finally making it to the lobby, I return the key card and tell the desk lady to have a nice day.

I was only spending the first night in the hotel, the other 6 would be packed full of what I hopped to be, training.

After many wrong turns and weird looks as I crossed the streets the wrong way, I made it.

Walking into the towering black building, I squinted, getting used to the.... Red lighting? Was I in the right place?

The seating area consisted of two rows of black leather seats, some facing the window, others the indoors. Pure white light spilled in from the window.

To the right of the seating area was the front desk, one bright red light hanging above it, basking the lady in red light.

I walked up to the desk, slightly nervous. Maybe this isnt her agency, there's alot of signs pointing to something other than heroic I think to myself, working up my courage.

"Hi, I'm Y/N Asuna here for the internship with Midnight" I say lightly, standing in front of the lady.

She looks up to me, nodding and checking her computer. After various clicks, she smiles, finding what she was looking for.

"Alright, I have you right here Ms.Asuna, go down the hall to your right, it's the last door. She's waiting for you" she said happily, using hand motions and pointing to the map on the wall.

"Thank you, have a nice day" I say back with a smile as I walk down the hall, following her directions.

Taking a right, I walk down the hall and enter a rather large room with various.... Poles? My face practically lit up. Oh my Gosh, he was right, I'm becoming a stripper I internally think, freaking out a little.

I mean, strippers make alot of money right? So if my hero career does end up going downhill, maybe I could look into that.

"Nightmare, you made it" a familiar voice says, cutting off my mental breakdown. I turn to my left, seeing Midnight doing something rather odd.

Her hands were on the pole, elbows locked, holding herself straight out like a board. She wasn't even shaking, she was just holding herself there.

Damn, that's pretty impressive I think to myself. Lowering her feet to the ground, she stands up, smiling at me.

"Alright, to get you started, I'll show you your room" she says, walking past me and through the hallway I just came through.

Walking over to the elevator she enters it, I follow quickly behind her, getting a whiff of her heavenly perfume.