16 - Marriage

As the sun rises, I check the weather for today. Seeing a forcast of 70° and sunny, I begin to gather my belongings. I dtart to fold all the clothes I brought with me. Throwing them into my suitcase, I sit on the top of it so I can zip it properly.

Today I decide to base my outfit on Katsuki's hero costume. Definetly not because I missed him like crazy.... Ok that was a lie. I did miss him like crazy.

I decided to wear black and orange running shoes, comfy blue jeans, an orange crop top and a sage colored leight weight coat. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I take a longing last look at the appartment.

I would miss it alot in the weeks to come. The outstanding view, the blazing hot shower, and the bed. Oh, the bed.. It was so soft, it hugged my body perfectly every night.

I smiled, making my way down the elevator and out to the waiting taxi. During my late night conversation Midnight ladt night, she had insisted I took a taxi home because of the Hosu attack yesterday.

Getting in the Taxi, I set my bag next to me, giving directions to the driver and put earbuds in, not wanting to listen to the them as well. I looked out the window, zoning out.

My music was interupted as the man driver slammed on the breaks as a U-Haul truck passed the intersection, blowing the red light. I rolled my eyes and kept listening to my music.

Stupid drivers I thought to myself as I watched the skyscrapers melt down into cookie cutter neighborhoods.

From Hosu to my house, it was about a 30 minute drive with no traffic, and since it was 10 am, the roads were clear.

Finally reaching the beautiful house I called home, I thanked the driver, making sure to tip them myself. I grab my bag from the seat next to me and get out. Heading inside, I find my mom sitting on the couch, pouring over a bunch of paperwork, a rare sight in our house.

"What's up with that?" I ask, taking my shoes off just inside. She popped her head up, apparently not hearing me enter.

Her smile reaches her eyes as she begins to stand up and promptly walk over to me. "I saw you kicking ass on the news." she says as she pulls me into a tight hug.

"Hell yeah, I beat those bird bitches to the ground." I say, pulling away from the hug. "Did you know Nomu means drink in Japanese? Languages are pretty cool" I say suddenly, recalling what I learned as I looking back at the paperwork.

"What's that about?" I ask again, nodding to the papers. My mom kneels down, her head now below mine by a few inches. Whenever she did this, she always was making a big decision, I prepared myself mentally.

"Im getting married and moving" she says all in one breath. It took me a few seconds to process.

"Wait... What? To who? Where are you moving? Do I have to move schools?" I asked, all very suddenly, adding more incoherent words and questions as I proceed to freak out.

She chuckled, shaking her head. "I'm getting married to Nemuri Kayama, her hero name is Midnight. And I'm moving in with her at her agency" she says, looking out the window, her eyes cloudy with happiness.

"What... About me?" I ask, breathing the words out quietly as I avert my gaze to the ground."You can live here." She says, looking back at me.

"Midnight will send you an allowance to your bank account every month for food, and she will pay the bills directly. It's like you'll be practicing for adulthood, but without the costs." she said with a big smile, hoping I would approve.

"That'll work I guesssss" I say sarcastically, surpressing a smile as I hug her more tightly than before. She giggles, hugging me back.

"When do you, uh, move out?" I ask awkwardly as she releases the hug. Smiling slightly, she gives me her answer.