Surface Scum: 19

Comincia dall'inizio

I quickly got to my feet and forced them back then closed their door.

"I can't hold them for long."

"Everyone, block all the entrances, close the windows." Akinyi shouted, some of the men helped me block off the front door with different furniture.

"What are they after?" I asked, everyone looked at Jaden.

"She believes the boy might have more shadow essence than his father." the old woman that let me in said.

"I'll die before I let them take him." Laurie's mom said.

I immediately realized I couldn't leave, not just because the house was surrounded, but because they needed me.

"Shit, I left my phone with my bike."

"Probably not the time to worry about checking Twitter." Elijah said.

"It's a high tech phone that I can use to contact Laurie."

"We need to get that phone." Aaliyah said.

"We need to get out of here and find somewhere safe." I said.

"Like where?" Aaliyah asked.

****************

Farley and I stayed up plotting my escape, he showed me a map of the palace, which might of left me more confused than I was before. The place was massive.

I was fast asleep when he snuck into my room at 4am.

"Farley, what's going on?" I asked barely opening my eyes, it was chilly and I just wanted to hide under the covers and dream.

"My mom's not here right now, we have about half an hour to talk to Amethius." He said.

"Can we just do it later?" I asked closing my eyes falling back into the dream I was having, I woke abruptly when he splashed water on my face.

"I'm up."

"Good, let's go."

I grabbed a robe and bundled up, I hated the morning cold, but I love being in my bed wrapped in warm sheets when it was cold out.

"So where's your mom?" I asked as we cautiously creeped down the hall, luckily Amethius' room wasn't too far from mine.

"She likes to go swimming this time, every day, I used to go with her." Farley replied.

"What? It must be freezing out, especially in the water." I shuttered just thinking about being in water so early in the morning.

"Mermaids have a high tolerance for cold temperatures, besides swimming at the speeds we do, keeps us warm."

We reached Amethius' door and hesitated.

"Prince Farley." a guard appeared out of no where, apparently he was invisible.

"Xanders, we need to speak with Amethius." Farley said.

"I have orders to keep him in, no one in or out."

"Sorry Xanders." Farley said then hit him with a blast of water and he fainted immediately.

"Did I mention my healing water can also put people to sleep?"

"Cool."

Farley took out a key and opened Amethius' door, we slipped in then closed it behind us, the second we closed it we found ourselves trapped in a chamber, then the room light flicked out.

"Prince Farley, you. What are you two doing in my room?"

"We want to help you." Farley replied.