The Pony-tailed one slapped a hand over the smaller one but it was too late. My jaw dropped and Circo stuttered, "Th-Throne?! What?!"

The pony-tailed one sighed and removed their hand from the smaller Bloodstone's mouth. They pinched the bridge of their nose, saying, "It's...a long story. Something I'm afraid we really don't have time for."

"Really?" The smaller one asked. They pouted, "But I wanted to tell them the good news!"

"How about this instead?" The pony-tailed one offered. They leaned down and whispered something into the smaller one's ear. Their pout quickly changed into an excited grin. The pony-tailed one leaned back and said, "So how about it?"

"Oh definitely!" The smaller one said, nodding. The pony-tailed one stood up straight and said, "We'd like to introduce ourselves properly, if you don't mind."

Circo and I exchanged glanced before I said, "S-sure."

The pony-tailed Bloodstone nodded and closed their eyes. The smaller one took the pony-tailed Bloodstone's hand and closed their eyes. Both gems glowed and they each separated into two people, resulting in four people. The lights faded from the four gems and in front of us were two sunstones, and two moonstones. The two that made up the pony-tailed one were both of medium height. The moonstone had extremely pale skin and short blue, pixie hair. She wore a light blue dress that was shoulder-less, with cloth wrapping around her upper arms and straps for over the shoulders. She wore small, dark blue sandals and her gem was on her right shoulder. The sunstone had long hair in a single, golden braid that went to her knees. She had on a orange v-neck shirt, and khakis. She wore dark red hiking boots and her gem was on her forehead.

The pair that made up the smaller Bloodstone was a little more interesting. The sunstone was really tall and wore a buttoned dark yellow dress shirt. She wore tan dress pants with really dark red dress shoes, to the point that I thought they were brown. Her skin was dark from a tan and her eyes were golden yellow. Her hair was short and dirty blonde. Her gem stone was on her right cheek, just under the eye. The moonstone was petite in size and was only up to the sunstone's waist in height. She had very deep blue skin and very blonde hair, almost silver. She wore a small white blouse and a deep blue skirt. She had on white flats and her gem was on her chest, just barely poking out from her blouse.

I blinked in shock as the four gems smiled at us. The petite moonstone rushed towards me and took my hands, saying, "It's such an honor to meet you! I've heard so many stories about Lucine and her adventures on Earth! Is it true you have an army of gems? Oh! What about your wings? Very few moonstones have the ability to transfer moonlight into energy such as that! And-"

The tall sunstone placed a hand on the moonstone's head, saying, "Dear, I think your startling her. Try toning it down a bit."

The moonstone giggled and let go of my hands, looking embarrassed. The pixie cut moonstone smiled softly, saying, "At any rate, it truly is an honor to meet you both. I'll admit, it is confusing seeing Lucine and Circa like this."

"But it makes you stop and wonder how much they must've cared for the organics on Earth," The braided sunstone said. "It sounds awfully nice there."

Circo nodded, "I wouldn't want to live anywhere else."

The four gems smiled and I asked, "Why don't you four come with us? Now that we know there's more of you, maybe we-"

"We can't," They all chorused. I stopped as the petite moonstone said, "It's not that we don't want to leave. But....we're not the only Bloodstone fusions."

"Yes, some of the Bloodstones here are original," The tall sunstone said. She noticed our confused expressions, saying, "Original for gems mean the gem was made as it was. So a Bloodstone was made as a Bloodstone; not by fusion."

"Ah," Circo said as I nodded in understanding. The pixie cut moonstone continued, "But some of the Bloodstones here are fusions like us four. We can't abandon them."

"We all rely on each other for when we need time to unfuse," The braided sunstone said. "That's how we're able to survive the heat down here. We take turns covering each other while some of us take breaks."

"That explains why nothing hasn't happened," I commented. I looked at Circo, as he said, "If that's the case, then maybe we should leave n-"

Suddenly, the sound of marching steps came towards us. The four gems immediately fused into Bloodstones as an Amethyst guard rounded the corner. Circo and I didn't have time to fuse as the guard charged at us. The guard grabbed us both by the scruff of our shirts and said, "You two are coming with me. And you two Bloodstones! Back to work!"

I started kicking and fighting, struggling to break free from the guard's hold. But it wasn't any good. Circo tried to reach for his gem, but he couldn't quite reach. We were at the mercy of the guard. I swallowed as the Amethyst headed towards the elevators. As the doors closed, all I could think of was what could possibly happen.

And what we could do to maybe get out of it.

....................................

Oh man. Luna and Circo have been caught. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :)