Chapter 38

FALLING APART

The next day, Gulf wake up with a heavy feelings from both his head and heart. He didn't plan to drink last night but he ended up to a bar and drink few shots. Good thing he managed to drive back to his old condo as it's the nearest. When he remembered that Mew came to him, he slowly opened his eyes and there he found Mew on the bed staring at him. He just sits down and felt dizzy. 'baby, are you okay?' Mew asked worriedly. 'yes' Gulf answered. 'Baby, can we talk? please?' Mew asked. 'There's no need Mew. I understand you got mad because you worried about my safety. I understand, I understand your reasons because I love you so much and I don't want to lose you but honestly speaking, I don't know until when I can endure or to what extent I can sacrifice.' Gulf answered giving Mew a fake smile. 'baby, sorry. I'm really sorry for hurting you I promise, I'll do everything to make it up to you. What do you want? do you want us to visit Techno?' Mew said sincerely. 'I don't need nor want anything and I don't need your empty promises, you've given me more than enough' Gulf answered and walked out. Mew couldn't take it anymore so he hugged Gulf tightly and cry. 'please baby, I don't want us to be like this. I just want us to be happy. I'm sorry please.' Mew said while hugging Gulf as if he'll leave him. 'it's okay, I want us to be happy too. Let's just forget everything happened. Don't worry I wont go to your condo anymore' Gulf said. Mew can sense that what Gulf said is the opposite of what he exactly feels. However, he doesn't want to heat up the situation and make it worst so he just agreed. He then turn Gulf to face him 'Happy anniversary baby, I love you' Mew said and kissed Gulf but Gulf didn't respond. Gulf then hug Mew tightly and let go of him. He then said, 'I drunk last night, so I'm sure I have a bad breath' 'Okay baby, what do you want to eat? I'll order' Mew said trying to be cheerful. 'No need, I'll go back home now, I need to rest.' Gulf answered. 'Okay, let me send you home' Mew offered. 'No, i'm okay. I can handle. Let's separate ways to avoid reporters. You don't want them to find us together right?' Gulf refused. Mew can't get the phrase 'let's separate ways' out of his mind. He knows that they'll just go out separately but it seems to him that Gulf is breaking up with him. So asked,'baby, you're not breaking up with me right?' 'No, I'm not. I wont break up with you unless you want me to' Gulf answered and smiled. 'No, no baby. I'm not breaking up with you and I'll never do that' Mew said. 'Good, now you go first' Gulf said. Mew then fixed himself and say 'bye baby, I'll call you later. See you' before he left.  While going home he keeps thinking of a way on how to make up to Gulf and said to his self 'I'll make it up to you baby. I wont give you any reason to give up on us' 

Gulf is happy that Mew tried to catch up but he isn't contented and assured of it. However, he still want to hold on to their relationship as long as Mew wants him to stay he'll stay. He then fixed his self and go back to his new condo and rest. 

The next few days everything went back to normal. Mew would always visit him and they'll cuddle as always but Gulf could sense that something is off. He just shrugged it off in his mind. Convincing his self that he's just overthinking. Gulf is buying his necessities in a grocery store when a reporter came near him and asked. 'Excuse me, Are you the ex lover of the late singer and lead vocalist Tharn?' Gulf got confused why all of a sudden reporter would ask him a question like this. 'Yes, I am' Gulf answered. 'how was your life without Tharn? what's your love life status? and what can you say about those people who blamed you for your lover's death?' The reporter asked. Gulf didn't know how to react. He don't know how to handle this kind of situation anymore. However, he managed to say 'My life without him was a complete mess but I survived and for those who judged me before well, thank you. Thank you causing me unbearable pain in the past and yeah, thanks for making me realize that a person like me, doesn't deserved to be loved nor to love. I only have my best friend and no one else but I'm happy with what I have right now. If that's all please excuse me' Gulf answered straightly and left. His answer left the reporter dumbfounded as he didn't expect to receive a sharp answer from a man who used to be so dependent with Tharn.