Chapter 19

NEAR YET FAR

The next day. Gulf recovered from fever thanks to his handsome nurse. However, he can't move on from the kiss stolen by Mew last night. In the morning, he woke up early and went to work and as usual, Mew is just waiting for him. Mew left in the condo without waiting for him to wake up. He left a note for him telling that he's going home. Gulf is acting like nothing happened. 

Gulf ain't sure whether to avoid Mew or to stay the same. He's still confused but the good thing is that he'll be busy this week since he has to handle Techno's company branch here in Bangkok. 

Few days later, Gulf is extremely busy. He only get  to see and talk to Mew in few minutes in the morning. Whenever he goes out from Mr. Suppapong's company, Mew is there however, he can't talk to him. It's either he's talking to someone in the phone or he's in a hurry. Just like now, 'Yes, Cloud. I'll be there in a few minutes. Wait, I'll call my assistant. Gosh, it's just an online conference meeting Cloud. It won't kill you. I wish I could but I have to meet a client in thirty minutes. Aghhh, I can't split my body you know. Okay, fine.' After talking with Cloud. His cielo called. 'yes, mi cielo. Yes, I will, please. call Cloud. He's been bothering me. Yes, I can't handle two meetings at a time. Okay.' He's about to enter in his car when Mew called him. 'Gulf, are you busy?' 'yeah, kind of..' Gulf couldn't finish his sentence when his assistant call. 'sir, I can't come with you now. I have to do a presentation for some new clients here!' 'okay, I'll go there alone. Do the presentation and call me if there's any problem. Please follow me after your presentation. I have to head back to GMCT's (techno's company) office after the meeting' Jane just nodded and went back inside the company. 'Sorry Mew. I have to go now.' Before he could go Mew asked. 'Can I come with you? Don't worry. I won't bother you. I'll just stay inside the car.' Gulf just nodded. Gulf started the engine and start driving as fast as he can. 'Shiiaaa, Gulf. Can you drive slowly?' Mew asked. 'Sorry, but I can't I'm almost late.' Gulf answered without looking at Mew. Few minutes later and he didn't hear anything from Mew. When he looked at him, he can see Mew holding the car's seat tightly while his eyes are closed. He just smile and continue driving.

The moment they arrive the destination. Gulf directly go out and hurriedly go inside a luxurious restaurant. 'Hello, I'm Gulf Kanawut, you can call me Gulf. Please let's start. These are the designs I made for the new branch we're planning to have in one of the cities here in Thailand.' He continues the presentation and answer some of the questions from the client. When Jane arrive he bid goodbye. 'I'm sorry, as much as I want to answer your question I really can't because I have to go back to the company right now. If you have any questions you can ask my assistant. She'll give you the information you needed.' He then give instructions to Jane before he left.

In the car, Mew is just watching Gulf talking to a group of three men through the window. He can see how serious Gulf is when it comes to work at the same time he never thought that Gulf actually has a potential to be a good businessman just by looking at him.  He then decided to go to the nearest convenience store and buy something to eat and drink for the both of them. When he goes back to the car, Gulf is already there talking to someone in his phone. 'Yes done, no Jane is with them, Shit, can you wait for me a little longer? Do you really think I can make the car fly there? Fine. Stop making them wait, would you? Again, just do the presentation and I'll do the rest.' Gulf then sighed heavily. He can clearly see how stressed Gulf is. 'Here, drink this. You need that' Mew said offering an energy drink. Gulf just drink it all at once. 

Gulf is the one driving the car But this time he's driving a lot slower because of the traffic. Mew is just observing Gulf who kept looking at his wristwatch, at the road and sigh. 'oh, how handsome could he be?' Mew thought, holding some snacks while looking at Gulf. Gulf noticed it so he give Mew a death glare. Mew just smile and tried to feed Gulf with the food in his hands. Gulf hesitated but Mew didn't stop so he just open his mouth and give Mew a smile and that give Mew a bit of happiness and satisfaction.