83

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
83 Published 02.28.2023

•••

ROSE

Reading over my notes, I wait for Mr. Cavill to finish passing out the rest of the assignments. He has at least 6 students left before he arrives to my seat. Growing bored, I stop reading my history notes and raise my head to look around the classroom.

Around me, some students are already working on their assignment, while others are just chatting away their minutes instead of working. Turning to my right, straight ahead I see the familiar blond laughing out loud while throwing a paper ball at one of his friends.

The bright smile on his face makes me frown. And I notice that his icy blue eyes seem lighter than usual due to the sunlight hitting his side.

As I watch the boy ahead me, my mind drifts back to yesterday when he defended me from Angelica.

It isn't the first time he's done something unusual. Since three weeks ago he has been behaving like a whole different person with me.

As if the old Scott never existed in the first place.

A month ago, he would have never defended me from his friends. But the encounter with Angelica took me by surprise.

Why is he suddenly so different with me?

Lost in my thoughts, I don't realise I'm starting at him longer than necessary until his blue eyes connect with my dark ones.

His smile never falters as he stares at me. Instead, a look of confusion flashes by his eyes, but I don't stare at him a second longer since the teacher comes to stand in front of me, completely blocking my view.

"Here you go, Rose." Mr. Cavill puts down a sheet of paper on my desk while I thank him in the process.

Looking at the questions, I purse my lips as I read over the words. Picking up my pen from the desk, I start answering the questions immediately, knowing that if I finished early, I could leave the class.

Around ten minutes pass, and my previous clean paper is now filled with my dark ink, detailing events, and dates of what he went through with the class. A few students have already left and the ones who were previously talking are now rushing to get their work done.

I look up at some point and see a student searching up the answers on his phone and I have to hold my chuckle at the sight.

Answering the last question, I finish by writing my name at the top and the date before getting up from my seat. Smoothing out my skirt, I grab the sheet of paper and walk towards the teacher's desk. He's busy discussing something with another teacher through the phone on his desk, so I don't bother him and simply place the sheet down over the others.

Walking to my desk, I pick up my things and push the chair in before walking away.

I wanted to go to the library to work on a chemistry assignment because I needed some information from the books there.

Heading to the door, I see that only about half of the class remains. Grabbing the knob, I turn it to the side and open the door. Walking out of the clasroom, I close the door behind me, careful to not make any noise for the remaining students.

Heading through the hallways, I pass by three guys from the basketball team with their jerseys on, sweat covering their body.

They must have finished with practice.

Not paying attention to them a second longer, I keep going straight not trying to catch their attention in case they're having a bad day.

I don't even bother stopping by my locker since I have the notebook for my chemistry assignment.